CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

detail_in page customization

• 1.  detail_in page customization

Posted Mar 20, 2017 03:33 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I am using CA Service Desk 14.1, I have add text field in (detail_in.htmpl) page for customer phone_number which is defined manually, I want to do it automatically when i select affected end user their phone_number will automatically populated in text field. Kindly help me how can i do this.

• 2.  Re: detail_in page customization

Posted Mar 20, 2017 03:48 AM

Hi Naveed,

I would follow this approach...

i. Make sure all your contacts have a telephone number populated

ii. Then us WSP to add\show (readonly) the contact's telephone number.

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlReadonly hdr="Phone Number" attr=customer.phone_number>

This way there is no manual capturing of this on the actual ticket, instead you simply display the info as captured on the contact's detail ;-)

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: detail_in page customization

Posted Mar 20, 2017 04:02 AM

Hi Brian,

Thanks for reply, but i have already do this and it is readonly field, but i want to populate in text field. It will be possible on java script customization but i can not identify the java srcipt page.  

• 4.  Re: detail_in page customization

Posted Mar 20, 2017 04:14 AM

Hi Naveed,

You should be able to use either spel-code or JavaScript to copy this info from the contact, but what is the intended usage or business case\requirement for wanting to populate the phone number into an additional field on the ticket? I'm just trying to understand whether there is any reporting based on this or this is simply for cosmetics so that the Analyst does not have to click on the contact to see the contact's phone number?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 5.  Re: detail_in page customization

Posted Mar 20, 2017 04:23 AM

Hi Brian,

Basically i am working in Banking sector and they use service desk and we have other bank as customer and they are also create tickets. my scenario is that if another bank create a ticket that their phone number will show on detail_in page and analyst will manually update their phone number if another person coordinate with analyst

• 6.  Re: detail_in page customization

Posted Mar 20, 2017 04:32 AM

Hi Naveed,

This is still quite vague...

If you are trying to automatically populate the phone number field that seems to be mandatory on the form from another field, where is the source? It would be difficult to populate this without knowing where to get the phone number data from or which field currently holds the value within Service Desk from which to copy from...

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 7.  Re: detail_in page customization

Posted Mar 20, 2017 06:03 AM

i want to get from customer.phone_number as we select requester then affected end user field automatically populate. I want to do same for phone number as we select requester or affected end user then phone number will also populate from customer.phone_number.

• 8.  Re: detail_in page customization

Posted Mar 20, 2017 06:26 AM

hi NavedAkhter,

as Brian Mathato try to understand, Doyou want to have it display only or you want your analyst be able to overwrite the contact phone number directly from the ticket or eventually just store this information on top of inside the contact record.

Your requirement is not fully clear to us yet.

Regards,

J

• 9.  Re: detail_in page customization

Posted Mar 20, 2017 06:33 AM

Hi jerome,

I want to display contact number automatically in dtltextbox , bcz analyst able to overwrite the contact phone number directly from the ticket.

• 10.  Re: detail_in page customization

Posted Mar 22, 2017 05:49 AM

where do the overwritten number need to be stored then?

in the contact record or in the ticket?

storing back at the contact record will require backend code like spl to archive and may not be a good approach may you only use that number temporary in the context of this ticket(travelling, etc).

• 11.  Re: detail_in page customization

Posted Mar 21, 2017 04:11 AM

Hi all,

Let me clear the scenario , what I need to do is, when customer is selected in detail_in, the "Phone number" field must be autofilled as customer's phone number. how could I add it to backfill_cnt_event() function?

• 12.  Re: detail_in page customization

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 27, 2017 05:27 PM

Naveed,

Are you still looking for help on this?

Thx

_R

• 13.  Re: detail_in page customization

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2017 03:15 PM

Naveed,

Are you still looking for help on this?