Can anyone provide me the path of tomcat folder on Primary Hub & UMP. I cannot find it.
on the primary I believe what you are looking for you would the
admin console configurations
they are located here:
on ump it would be
Is there a specific file you are looking for?
Thanks for the prompt reply. We want to perform hardening on UMP & Admin Console Portal. For this we are looking at CIS Apache Tomcat Hardening
Standard. I am looking for server.xml file to check the below settings :-
1. Turn OFF Trace
2. Disable X-Powered-By HTTP Header
3. Ensure SSLEnabled is set to True for active Connectors
4. Ensure SSL Protocol is set to TLS for active Connectors
so these version of apache do not have a server.xml
you will need to check the apache web site for information on settting these in the web.xml file that can be found in the
As these have not been tested by dev and QA I can not tell you what this might cause a problem with.
If you run into any unexpected behavior the first thing you will need to do is remove these and reproduce the issue without these in place.
This may cause issue with support tracking down issues for you are well.
As I was not familiar with the 4 bullet points you put in I did a little more research
this is what I found
1) Turn OFF Trace is controller in the httpconnector section of the Apache. This can be set in the wasp.cfg setup\httpconnector section by adding a key allowTrace = false
Apache Tomcat 7 Configuration Reference (7.0.76) - The HTTP Connector
2) the Disable X-Powered-By HTTP Header I could not find a good solution and seem to be difficult to do in Apache
3) Ensure SSLEnabled is set to True for active Connectors. This is just setting up HTTPS and making sure HTTP is set to redirect to HTTPS:
Configure HTTPS in Admin Console or UMP - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4.7 - CA Technologies Documentation
4) Ensure SSL Protocol is set to TLS for active Connectors this can be set on the https_ciphers = line in the wasp.cfg
hope this helps
Thanks alot for the quick help !! Appreciated. We are new to CA UIM Deployment
Retrieving data ...