CA Service Management

• 1.  CA service Desk Manager -wsp

Posted Mar 20, 2017 01:31 PM

We are unable to log into the WSP on our development server. We have't changed anything. When starting WSP it comes up by asking for username and password but when these are entered it says they are invalid. This is happening for all users and was working in the past.

Any suggestions on what could have changed?

• 2.  Re: CA service Desk Manager -wsp

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 20, 2017 01:42 PM

Are you able to login to the regular web interface with the same credentials?  Login via WSP on the direct Primary or the BG Server?  What is the config for authentication based on the access type?  Are you using OS Auth or EEM?  What happens if you change the login authentication on the access type to either PIN or Open (all access)?  And does the function access allow WSP access?

• 3.  Re: CA service Desk Manager -wsp

Posted Mar 20, 2017 04:04 PM

Good call David -  Suki, if you cannot log into the regular web interface with that same user, then you would not be able to log into WSP with them.  Can you confirm what user you are using, along with all of items that David asked as well?

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 4.  Re: CA service Desk Manager -wsp

Posted Mar 22, 2017 05:56 AM

just to let you know that I did run into similar issue recently and this was due to some timout and connectivity latency between SDM and EEM been connected to multiple AD. (EEM logs show timeout  on unsuccessfull attempt)

Retrying several time (with same user and pass) let me finally go trough after few attemps let me think that this may be performance related.

Underlying root cause is not yet identified as it only happens in dev and didn't get much time to investigate.

My 2 cents

/J

• 5.  Re: CA service Desk Manager -wsp
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 22, 2017 07:29 AM
      |   view attached

Many Thanks. The iTechnology iGateway 4.7 service had stopped. Starting this service resolved the problem. The service is in auto start mode so why would it have stopped unless it didn’t get started when we restarted the server recently.

Regards

SL

• 6.  Re: CA service Desk Manager -wsp

Posted Mar 22, 2017 09:01 AM

Sound Good Marksman!

My suggestion to CA guys  :

EEM responding slow or EEM been completely down as above just result of login fail with confusing error as invalid login.

Will be good to have a more explicit error returned in that case so we can directly pinpoint root cause of such problem.

I know this can be submitted as an idea but must have been there from day one in my view.

/J