DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  UIM connector 3.7 and DB CI from probe oracle

Posted Mar 22, 2017 06:37 AM

Please could you confirm that UIM Connector 3.7.0 supports database CIs from oracle probe?

I implemented the following environment: UIM 8.5.1, UIM connector 3.7.0 on Catalyst container 3.4.1, SOI 4.0

I added the additional database CI type (MSSQL and Oracle) to UIM connector configuring ci_type_mapping.properties and nimsoftconnector_policy.xml files.

I'm receiving the DBs alert messages in the SOI Operation Console, coming fro UIM server, but wihile the BD MSSQL messages are properly identified, the DB Oracle messages are not classified as database.

In detail the Alert message queue in SOI console where you can see the oracle DB message (name=Unknow and class=Entity) and the MSSQL DB message correctly identified (class=Database) but no value for dbName.

• 2.  Re: UIM connector 3.7 and DB CI from probe oracle
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2017 09:51 AM

Hello Claudio, 

you should get database CIs and the Alerts for it in SOI.

Please open a support case for this.

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

• 3.  Re: UIM connector 3.7 and DB CI from probe oracle

Posted Mar 29, 2017 10:41 AM

From CA support: We only support sqlserver probe DB CI in UIM Connector 3.7. We don't support DB Oracle CI in UIM Connector 3.7. Our next release UIM Connector 3.8 will include Oracle and DB CI both and we are planning to release UIM Connector 3.8 on Apr/10