CA Service Management

• 1.  Use Stricter Rules?

Posted Mar 22, 2017 07:36 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I selected YES for Use Stricter Rules? at Survey detail.Than I expect to have access to the survey link only once.But the link never accessed and I got an alert when I clicked on the link.I added the screen display.

I want to have access to the survey link only once.How can I do that?

Regards,

Burcu

• 2.  Re: Use Stricter Rules?

Posted Mar 22, 2017 10:09 AM

Hi Yazici - that is very odd.  That is exactly what the "stricter rules" setting is for - it enforces that the survey can only be used once.   Are you sure that the link was not clicked on accident possibly?  I would go back and do it again with another ticket and see if it works.

Regards,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Use Stricter Rules?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2017 10:38 AM

Burcu, did you ever submit this survey from ANY ticket before? I found this info :"

No for per ticket closed. One of meanings Stricter rule - Once the user has submitted the survey, no further survey invitations will be sent from any incidents closed. As well, even if the user clicks on the other invitations he received, he will NOT be able to complete the survey again. The user is limited to one response for that survey

"

this means once you have the strict rule set, one user can submit this survey ONLY once from any ticket and this rule is not per ticket. That is, if you submitted this survey before from another closed ticket, you won't be able to do it again on a newly closed ticket, even somehow you receive

the link. Hope this info helps. Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: Use Stricter Rules?

Posted Mar 22, 2017 11:13 AM

unfortunately Chi Chen is true as we have experienced that in the past.

This is very strange implementation from CA as we  will expect 1 survey per ticket/user vs.1survey per survey template/user

This implementation really make this functionality unusefull

/J

• 5.  Re: Use Stricter Rules?

Posted Mar 23, 2017 03:59 AM

Hi,

Firstly,thank you.  I'm sure that the link was not clicked on accident possibly.I  did it again with another ticket and see it doesn't works.I got an alert when I clicked on the link.I added the screen display.

Why do not I work in my survey link?

Regards,

Burcu

• 6.  Re: Use Stricter Rules?

Posted Mar 23, 2017 08:35 AM

Hi Barcu,

I found this document which explains a bit more about this error message and how this all works:

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC607972.html 

Take a look at that and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 7.  Re: Use Stricter Rules?

Posted Mar 24, 2017 03:08 AM

Hi Burcu,

The following modification may be your needs. This modification is using for only one user take survey per tickets. Firstly, you can uncheck "Use Stricter Rule".

coded on do_svy.htmpl

var srvy_count;

<PDM_LIST PREFIX=rec FACTORY=cr WHERE="persistent_id = '$args.CNTXT_PERSID'">
       var ref_num = '$rec.ref_num';
       var type = '$rec.type';
       <PDM_LIST PREFIX=rec_survey FACTORY=survey WHERE="last_mod_by = U'$cst.id' and object_id = $rec.id">
        srvy_count++;
       </PDM_LIST>
      </PDM_LIST>

if (srvy_count >= 1)
       //display warnings
      else if (srvy_count == 0)
       //display survey content

I hope it works

Best Regards,

Türker

• 8.  Re: Use Stricter Rules?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2017 04:44 AM

Technical document TEC1912232 describes how to implement a design variation which allows stricter rules to send out a survey for each CA SDM request, while keeping it locked down so only one survey can be filled per CA SDM request.

Title: How do I make stricter rules send out a survey for each CA Service Desk Manager (CA SDM) ticket?

A direct link is: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1912232.html

Regards,

Karen

• 9.  Re: Use Stricter Rules?

Posted Jun 02, 2017 06:15 AM

Hi Karen,

I run pdm_options_mgr -c -s ALLOW_STRICT_SURVEY_FOR_MULTIPLE_TICKETS -v Yes -a pdm_option.inst.And restart the servicedesk services.But I was able to to reaach the survey more than once.

I want to have access to the survey link only once.How can I do that?

Regards,