DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Frustrated with logins...

• 1.  Frustrated with logins...

Posted Mar 22, 2017 01:08 PM

Looking through the documentation on the CA APM Java Agent, I wanted to find out which systems I can install the agent on.  The "Install the Java Agent" page provides a link to the "Product Compatibility Matrix" page which turns out to be the "Support and Compatibility" page.  This page provides me with two links:

• For Releases 10.1 through 10.5.1 system information, operating environment information, and supported versions, see the Product Compatibility Matrix.
    • For Releases 9.6 through 10.0 system information, operating environment information, and supported versions, see the Compatibility Guide.

The first link (For Releases 10.1 through 10.5.1) doesn't resolve.  The second link (For Releases 9.6 through 10.0) requires me to log in again.  When I login, I receive a "You are not authorized to view this page." message.

Can we resolve both of these issues please?

• 2.  Re: Frustrated with logins...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2017 01:21 PM

Josh:

this link worked for me

CA Application Performance Management Compatibility Guides - CA Technologies 

The 9.6 to 10.5.1 link should work as soon as a host is made public.

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Frustrated with logins...

Posted Mar 22, 2017 01:29 PM

That link results in a "You are not authorized to view this page." message.  Can we check the permissions please?

• 4.  Re: Frustrated with logins...
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2017 03:46 PM

Dear Joshua:

I took the liberty of mailing you the 10.5.1 Compatibility Guide. I have no means to check the permissions for that page but that link is working for my account. Typically this is resolved calling in CSO Support to change your account permissions so that is what I recommend. Please do so and let us know if that helps. Also let us know if you got my email and the 10.5.1 Compat Guide.

Thanks

Hal Geman

• 5.  Re: Frustrated with logins...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2017 03:50 PM

Hal, are those stored on the support pages which would require customers to authenticate with their CSO credentials? Maybe he wasn't logged in, or have a support profile attached?

• 6.  Re: Frustrated with logins...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2017 03:55 PM

I do believe you need to authenticate to see the guides. I've encountered similar issues with the site as well though. You go CA Application Performance Management Compatibility Guides - CA Technologies and it tells you to log in. Clicking the log in link then informs you that you are already logged in. You then need to log out, then go back to the first link, log in, and then you can see the compatibility guides.

I assume it is a browser cookie issue with our site, but not sure how to address.

• 7.  Re: Frustrated with logins...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2017 04:03 PM

Yes Hiko. Customer MUST log in to see the page. If after doing that they are unable to do so, then they need to work with CSO support. The multiple issue that Tom mentioned may also be in play here.

• 8.  Re: Frustrated with logins...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2017 09:42 PM

Per the comments at the bottom of the 10.5 "Support and Compatibility" page the external access to pcm.ca.com problem is being worked on, and I have also highlighted it again:

I think the multiple login issue is only an intermittent internal problem for our SSO internal accounts

If after logging into the Communities you use the Compatibility Guide.link and you have authorisation to access the page it does not request login again, so I think Joshua hit that because his login does not have access.

So I think Hal is correct and CSO Support need to check Joshua's account permissions for the CG page.

• 9.  Re: Frustrated with logins...

Posted Mar 23, 2017 08:09 AM

Looked to open up a ticket with CSO Support.  I can't figure out which one of the 500 product options listed represents this site.  There doesn't seem to be an "other" option either.  Can you let me know which product I should be using so I can open a ticket?

• 10.  Re: Frustrated with logins...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2017 09:06 AM

There isn't any such product to get general CSO Support on where you're not seeing your product listed.  You're better off calling in directly to 1-800-225-5224 and explaining the problem.  Your name and site ID would be needed.  If you're unsure of your site ID, your name, company and email will help them to sort out what is happening.

• 11.  Re: Frustrated with logins...

Posted Mar 23, 2017 09:19 AM

frustrationLevel ++;

Forget it.  Thank you for your help.

• 12.  Re: Frustrated with logins...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2017 09:31 AM

Joshua:

Sorry if not clear. Many things you can do fine with a case. But for CSO questions, a call will get you to the right place like Matt stated.