Rally Software

• 1.  Add condition for notification related to a custom field

Posted Mar 22, 2017 04:34 PM

Does anyone know if you can add a condition for a custom field so I might be able to write a notification related to that field.  For example, our developers would like to be notified when a certain owner completes a task.  Problem is - the developer is not the owner of the story and they are listed in a custom field called "Developer".  

Rule would be something like:

((State = Completed) AND (Owner = Brooke) AND (Developer = Sam))

Developer is the custom field and does not appear in the list -  I assume since it is custom.

• 2.  Re: Add condition for notification related to a custom field
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 22, 2017 06:12 PM

Hi Rob,

Custom fields should be in the list of fields you can filter notifications on. There's two things to check though which could explain why you don't see it.

1. Make sure you have the correct "Work Product Type" selected in the dropdown before you try to create the notification
    2. Make sure you are scoped to the correct workspace. You can switch workspace scope using the icon that looks like a building in the upper left corner (its just to the right of the CA logo)

• 3.  Re: Add condition for notification related to a custom field

Posted Mar 23, 2017 11:01 AM

Thanks for the information.  I did not have the custom field tied to a task, only the story level.  That was my problem.

Thanks for the help.