Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrade 15.2 tomcat version issue

• 1.  Upgrade 15.2 tomcat version issue

Posted Mar 23, 2017 01:46 AM

Hi,

I have done the upgrade from 15.1 version to 15.2 version but when I ran the Health Report, it shows the error in the tomcat version as " unsupported version or third party tool". I have installed tomcat 8.5.9 which come with the 15.2 installer.

As a workaround I ran the upgrade with 15.1 tomcat version which I believe is 8.0.26 and my upgrade was successful without any error in the health report.

Does any one else have faced same issue in 15.2 version with tomcat 8.5.9?

Regards

Ritesh

• 2.  Re: Upgrade 15.2 tomcat version issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2017 02:08 AM

Hi Ritesh,

I hope you are talking about CSA health report and yes it does show the error but ideally its not. I am going to log a bug for the same. Also we have rolled out a new health report in PPM and you can find from administration section --> security & Diagnostic there is link for Health report. http://servername/niku/nu#action:nmc.healthReport 

So please continue with Tomcat 8.5.9 as that is supported 

Application Server

Apache Tomcat 8.5.9 or higher patch level (64-bit) (6)

Ref: Release Notes (On Premise) - CA PPM - 15.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Upgrade 15.2 tomcat version issue

Posted Mar 23, 2017 06:02 AM

Hi Suman,

You assumed correctly I was talking about CSA health report only. Another query which came to mind is since there is going to be an error shown in health report so "does it going to have any impact on the performance of the system?" Like page load time, login time and so on....

• 4.  Re: Upgrade 15.2 tomcat version issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2017 06:14 AM

HI Ritesh,

There is absolutely no performance impact at all, as we are enhancing the health report in ppm, please check the new health report.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 5.  Re: Upgrade 15.2 tomcat version issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2017 03:13 AM

Hi Ritesh,

I went back and checked with the team and we are planning to deprecate the health report from CSA as we have provided an extensive health report in application.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 6.  Re: Upgrade 15.2 tomcat version issue

Posted Apr 10, 2017 02:57 AM

Hi Ritesh,

You are correct, it shows unsupported. However, if you navigate to Application-> Administration -> Security and Diagnostics-> Health Report,  there is no error reported for Tomcat server.I am not experiencing any issue with the application as of now.

Seems like a bug to me.

Thanks!

Regards

Gaurav 

• 7.  Re: Upgrade 15.2 tomcat version issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 03:07 AM

Hi Gaurav,

Yes its a bug and I confirmed the same, as we have provided the new health report in application please use the same and we will soon deprecate the CSA health report.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 8.  Re: Upgrade 15.2 tomcat version issue

Posted Apr 10, 2017 03:09 AM

Thanks Suman for the Update.

• 9.  Re: Upgrade 15.2 tomcat version issue

Posted Jul 13, 2017 03:54 PM

Thanks for the clarification. We also faced the same issue.

However, we can see an error in front on Date Format under Database Parameters in Security & Diagnostics, but no such error is shown in NSA Health Report.

Is that also a bug ?

• 10.  Re: Upgrade 15.2 tomcat version issue
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 13, 2017 04:08 PM

Yes it is.  For the time being, you can continue to reference the result showing to you in the CSA.

This one was reported fairly recently:

DE34600 - Health Report

SUMMARY
    New health report reads the nls_date_format parameter at an inconsistent level to installation instructions and the CSA health check

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
    1. Install CA PPM 15.2 on Oracle, make sure the database 'instance' parameter for nls_date_format is set correctly (e.g. 'alter system set nls_date_format='YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS scope=spfile' then restart Oracle)
    2. Grant the PPM schema in Oracle the following permission: grant select on v_$parameter to <ppm_schema_name>
    3. Login to the CSA and run the health check report
    4. Observe that the date format receives a pass
    5. Login to the PPM app as 'admin'
    6. Navigate to Administration > Health Report
    7. Navigate to the Database tab
    8. Observe the Value and result for date format

Expected Results: Value should report 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS' and the result should be a pass (green diamond)

Actual Results: Value reports something like 'DD-MON-RR' and the result is a fail (red diamond)

Workaround: Use the result from the CSA.

• 11.  Re: Upgrade 15.2 tomcat version issue

Posted Jul 13, 2017 04:28 PM

Thanks for the clarification.