CA Service Management

• 1.  Record deletion in Call_req table in CA service desk

Posted Mar 23, 2017 03:33 AM

Hi,

Due to some data issue a service request record was not visible in front end in CA service desk. Hence we have deleted the service request record from the call_req table in mdb database in back end.

The ticket which we deleted was assigned to one resolver while deletion.

The problem is, for the resolver (the person whom the ticket was assigned) the total open ticket count is showing as one one extra ticket count. Suppose if 5 tickets are open and visible it is showing the total ticket count as 6.

We have deleted the ticket from call_req table and also in act_log table. But still it is showing the count as extra. Could you please tell us what is the relationship between call_req table with other tables for clearing the linkage records.

Our CA service desk version is 12.5.

Thanks,

Maheswari.K

• 2.  Re: Record deletion in Call_req table in CA service desk
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 23, 2017 04:33 AM

Hi,

data deletion is strongly unrecommended, you need to use "Inactive" flag instead. To resolve your issue try to refresh table's cache using command:

pdm_cache_refresh -t Call_Req

Regards,

cdtj

• 3.  Re: Record deletion in Call_req table in CA service desk

Posted Mar 23, 2017 08:43 AM

Hi Maheswari,

Few things - First, I noticed you mentioned you are on 12.5.  Just wanted to note that 12.5 is no longer supported as of several years back.  I would highly recommend you upgrade to a currently supported version of the product.  As for your issue.  What cdtj said is true, we do NOT support manual deletion of data - and for this exact reason.  The Call_req table has SO many links to different things such as attachments, lrel tables, activity log, SLAs, events, macros, notification log - and thats just a few of them.   You can try the cache_refresh, but I dont know if that would help at this point.  If that does not help, then you will have to look further into the relationships by running the command  "bop_sinfo -a cr" which will give you a lost of all of the links to that table, BUT  I would highly recommend that you do NOT delete any data as it could cause further data corruption leading to an unusable system.  As a side note, when you say "count is still showing extra" - which "count" are you referring to?  Is that a scoreboard node or something?  Give us some details here so we can better help you on this one.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 4.  Re: Record deletion in Call_req table in CA service desk

Posted Mar 27, 2017 01:25 AM

Jon,

Its the count in scoreboard only.

Regards,

Maheswari.K

• 5.  Re: Record deletion in Call_req table in CA service desk

Posted Mar 23, 2017 12:00 PM

really bad practice. you must never touch a database from an application directly and always pass trough the application in order to have all your app logic been enforced and ensure security and more important data integrity are maintained

My 2 cents

/J

• 6.  Re: Record deletion in Call_req table in CA service desk

Posted Mar 24, 2017 05:47 AM

On behaf of Maheswari.K

@Jon Israel and cdtj  thank you so much for your instant response.

We were not aware that data deletion at backend could cause this much issues. As per your suggestions we won't practice the same.

We have not executed the command till now as we don't have a test and development environment. By executing these commands("pdm_cache_refresh -t Call_Req"," bop_sinfo -a cr") will any production services will get affected? Also suggest how and where to execute the  "bop_sinfo -a cr" command.

@Jon Israel  as you asked about the extra count. It is the count which is showing in the Scoreboard.Only to the group for which the request was assigned is having this count mismatch problem.

• 7.  Re: Record deletion in Call_req table in CA service desk

Posted Sep 07, 2017 08:17 AM

Hi Maheswari,

As you have done the deletion from DB level, scoreboard will shows the count before the deletion. Mostly it will be resolved if you are restarting CA SDM services.