DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  MoogSoft integration with Nimsoft

Posted Mar 23, 2017 07:16 AM

Hi All,

I have integtate the Nimsoft with moogsoft and all the alerts are going on moogsoft on every poll which is genrating a performance issue so i want alert will be forward only on severity change not on all the poll.

Is there any way to achive this.

Thanks,

Naveen 

• 2.  Re: MoogSoft integration with Nimsoft

Posted Mar 23, 2017 11:04 PM

How is the integration done between Nimsoft and moogsoft? Are you using snmpgtw to forward the alerts ?

Could you please clarify further on

want alert will be forward only on severity change

• 3.  Re: MoogSoft integration with Nimsoft

Posted Mar 27, 2017 05:27 AM

We are doing the API based intigration which will read the data from the alarm attach queue but the issue i am facing it will forward all the alarms on every polling that will create a problem for database in huge invournment that is why i am looking for " alert should be forward when severity will be change in any type of alerts.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 4.  Re: MoogSoft integration with Nimsoft

Posted Apr 10, 2017 02:14 PM

Couldn't you run a check to see if the alert had been sent previously? Does Moogsoft track updates with suppression like functionality?

• 5.  Re: MoogSoft integration with Nimsoft

Posted Apr 11, 2017 03:06 AM

Yes, it does the Suppression and same count will be increase on Moogsoft as well but we have big environment and alarms data flow is very high so its impacting the database & Moogsoft LAM performance, due to this issue I want only severity modify alert should be read from the queue.

could you please suggest on the same.

Currently we have created one LUA script which is running through NAS AO on alarms arrival and it will write the alarm on txt file with origin wise folder, and here also we have write the alarms which are only get modified not all alarms.

I have forwarded that lua script to you on your mail.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 6.  Re: MoogSoft integration with Nimsoft

Posted Apr 11, 2017 08:46 AM

Hi,

If we choose subject only Alarm_new, alarm_update, alarm_close does it will work in this scenario.

alarm_newAlarm message whose footprint is not previously recorded.
    alarm_updateAlarm message whose footprint already exists.
    alarm_closeMessage that is sent when a client closes (acknowledges) an alarm and removes it from the currently active alarms
    alarm_assignMessage that is sent when a client closes (acknowledges) an alarm and removes it from the currently active alarms
    alarm_statsGenerated by the NAS probe, statistical event messages that contain the severity level summary information for all open alarms

Thanks,

Naveen