Clarity

• 1.  Resource Manager Rights

Posted Mar 23, 2017 11:05 AM

Is it possible to restrict resource managers from adding their resources to projects but still allow them to update project allocations?  I haven't found a way to do this, I tried a few things in our test environment and it appears to me that adding people to projects is part of the Resource - Manager (Auto) rights.  My new manager said they were able to do this at his old company.  Basically we'd like this, am I missing the appropriate rights to allow this?:

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Resource Manager Rights
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2017 12:01 PM

The Resource Manager (Auto) right includes the Resource Soft & Hard booking rights.

When you have the booking rights on a resource PLUS the appropriate investment Edit or View rights, the user is allowed to add, edit, and remove allocations.  The rights are not split out to isolate the ability to separately allow add, edit, remove allocations.

Reference the latest v15.2 help documentation on the personas of Derrick Joseph and Barb Hudson for Resource Management.  The rights in v15.2 for booking resources has not changed in the new version.  The combinations are still the same to accomplish the actions.

• 3.  Re: Resource Manager Rights

Posted Mar 24, 2017 10:20 AM

Always love your answers.

• 4.  Re: Resource Manager Rights

Posted May 02, 2018 03:44 AM

Hey Kathryn,

As an enhancement to the product - could you consider adding this to the description text in the tool? Right now the description for Resource Manager (auto) says:

"The user creating a new resource is automatically granted this right. In other words, the user becomes the resource manager for the resource. It allows the user to view and edit general resource properties. If the resource is assigned another resource manager, the present resource manager will lose rights to the resource."

It would be very helpful for future customers if they could see that the right also covers soft and hard booking.

• 5.  Re: Resource Manager Rights

Posted Mar 23, 2017 12:25 PM

Thank you Kathryn, you've confirmed my assumptions.