Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM - Clarity, not send message to corporate mail

Posted Mar 23, 2017 06:26 PM
      |   view attached
    Hello everyone,  I am new to handling the Clarity tool, and a problem has arisen which Clarity does not
    send the notifications to the corporate mails; Before it was done until implementing a
    flow, which generates sub-automatic processes. At the moment of passing through a specific
    process this does not send the corresponding mail to the designated resource.
    (Attach print sequence of actions in Clarity).

not send message

Your help please, 

• 2.  Re: CA PPM - Clarity, not send message to corporate mail

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2017 11:33 PM

Hi Saulo,

couple of questions

1. Is the email server working fine? Can you run a job and set the notification upon completion and check if you are receiving the emails. Make sure the notification check box under Account Settings is checked for Reports and Jobs.

2. If the email is not corporate (for eg if its gmail), is the user receiving email from the process? 

3. If you check the process workflow of an instance which is already executed, has it actually reached the notification step or waiting for an earlier step to complete? 

Thanks,
    Jerin   

• 3.  Re: CA PPM - Clarity, not send message to corporate mail

Posted Apr 03, 2017 11:50 AM

Thanks Jerin, 

Your infomation helped me a lot.

Thanks again, 

Saulo 

• 4.  Re: CA PPM - Clarity, not send message to corporate mail

Posted Mar 24, 2017 08:14 AM

Agree with Jerin. Those checks will need to be done.

Also note that there is a defect in 14.3 and 14.4, fixed in 15.1, wherein emails are not sent from "Notification" sections of processes.

Try sending an email through Gel Script to the same ID, to which the email does not get sent otherwise. This will tell you if you are coming across the defect mentioned above.

• 5.  Re: CA PPM - Clarity, not send message to corporate mail

Posted Mar 24, 2017 10:19 AM

I am not sure if your are externally hosted or on SaaS, but I have seen the issue where the corporate server saw the email coming from CA PPM as SPAM and blocked it.

• 6.  Re: CA PPM - Clarity, not send message to corporate mail

Posted Mar 24, 2017 11:16 AM

...and I've seen on-premise email servers happy to send emails to "local" addresses but refuse to send them to "external" addresses - of course that is all to do with the configuration of the email server, not Clarity/PPM related.

• 7.  Re: CA PPM - Clarity, not send message to corporate mail

Posted Apr 05, 2017 11:17 AM

Yup, always go back to the email server and check it's logs and configuration.

• 8.  Re: CA PPM - Clarity, not send message to corporate mail

Posted Mar 24, 2017 01:35 PM

I am new to handling the CA PPM Clarity tool. What I have observed is that before implementing process automation, the resources were entered manually and the flow sent the mails correctly. Currently generating the action item, but does not send the notification to the email (p.e: sacardenas@pacifico.com.pe). I've logged in to process notifications, but I do not know exactly if it's the right thing to do. I think, it may be the new process that was activated but this only calls the other processes, as shown in the image. Could it be a mail server problem? How I could make the correction.