CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

OOTB JasperReports query issue in Studio 6.3

• 1.  OOTB JasperReports query issue in Studio 6.3

Posted Mar 24, 2017 11:27 AM
      |   view attached

I'm new to JasperReports development, so I'm trying to learn through OOTB reports that is packaged within Jasperreports Server 6.2. I was able to configure the SDM adapter in Jaspersoft Studio 6.3 to communicate with Jasperreports server 6.2. I ran an OOTB report which seems to get some results and when tried to validate the query in dataset and query window, it failed with below errors. Please suggest on how I could get rid of this error to successfully validate the query, so I could reuse part of this query along with fields and parameters for building custom reports.

See below for the error output:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error preparing statement for executing the report query:

SELECT
    cr.group_name,
    cr.ref_num,
    cr.open_date,
    cr.priority_symbol,
    cr.status_symbol,
    cr.request_area_symbol,
    cr.active,
    cr.web_url,
    (PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600),
    (PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(24*3600),
    (PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/3600,

(case when ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) <2 then '1'
    when ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) >=2 AND ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) <3 then '2'
    when ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) >=3 AND ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) <4 then '3'
    when ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) >=4 AND ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) <5 then '4'
    when ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) >=5 AND ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) <8 then '5'
    when ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) >=8 then '6'
    ELSE '' end ) as WeeksOpened,

case when ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) < 2 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS "1Week",
    case when ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) >= 2 AND ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) < 3 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS "2Weeks",
    case when ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) >= 3 AND ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) < 4 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS "3Weeks",
    case when ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) >= 4 AND ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) < 5 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS "4Weeks",
    case when ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) >= 5 AND ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) < 8 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS "30-60Days",
    case when ((PdmToday() - cr.open_date)/(7*24*3600)) >= 8 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS "Over60Days"

FROM cr
    WHERE cr.active=1 AND cr.group_name IS NOT NULL AND cr.type = 'R'
    AND (cr.group_name in or '*' in )
    ORDER BY cr.priority_symbol ASC, cr.open_date ASC, cr.group_name ASC

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter.createStatement(JRJdbcQueryExecuter.java:528)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter.createDatasource(JRJdbcQueryExecuter.java:297)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.data.jdbc.JDBCFieldsProvider.getFields(JDBCFieldsProvider.java:79)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.data.jdbc.JDBCDataAdapterDescriptor.getFields(JDBCDataAdapterDescriptor.java:75)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.property.dataset.dialog.DataQueryAdapters.doGetFields(DataQueryAdapters.java:396)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.data.designer.AQueryDesignerContainer$1.run(AQueryDesignerContainer.java:53)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [DataDirect][OpenAccess SDK JDBC Driver][OpenAccess SDK SQL Engine]syntax error, unexpected OR, expecting '(' at group_name ... or

at com.ddtek.openaccess.ssp.Diagnostic.toSQLException(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.openaccess.ssp.Chain.cnvDiagnostics(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.openaccess.ssp.Chain.decodeDiagnostic(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.openaccess.ssp.Chain.decodeBody(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.openaccess.ssp.Chain.decode(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.openaccess.ssp.Chain.send(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.openaccess.ctxt.stmt.StatementContext.associate(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.jdbc.openaccess.OpenAccessImplStatement.prepare(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.jdbc.oabase.BaseImplStatement.prepare(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.jdbc.oabase.BasePreparedStatement.prepareSQL(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.jdbc.oabase.BaseStatement.preProcessSQL(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.jdbc.oabase.BasePreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.jdbc.oabase.BaseConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)

at (message continues in next comment)

• 2.  Re: OOTB JasperReports query issue in Studio 6.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2017 12:44 PM

Hey Vishnu,

It almost feels like this clause is causing the error:

AND (cr.group_name in or '*' in )

Its missing something and that’s why the error from the backend

_R

• 3.  Re: OOTB JasperReports query issue in Studio 6.3

Posted Mar 24, 2017 12:59 PM

Raghu,

Could this be an OOTB Jasper report issue with incomplete query or the report query is incompatible with Jaspersoft Studio 6.3?

-Vishnu

• 4.  Re: OOTB JasperReports query issue in Studio 6.3

Posted Mar 24, 2017 05:08 PM

Can you check what version of oaserver you are running?

If it is not 72 then that is most likely the issue.

• 5.  Re: OOTB JasperReports query issue in Studio 6.3

Posted Mar 24, 2017 05:18 PM

Actually ignore the oaserver check.  I did some further inviestigation and replicated the issue.  Let me look into it further.

• 6.  Re: OOTB JasperReports query issue in Studio 6.3

Posted Mar 24, 2017 10:46 PM

I still wanted to double check and it is 72.

• 7.  Re: OOTB JasperReports query issue in Studio 6.3

Posted Mar 27, 2017 02:38 PM

Did some investigation over the weekend and determined how best to preview OOTB report SQL using SQL Preview.

What you need to do is basically copy the SQL into a blank (new) report and remove references to $P! parameters.  

In the example noted in this thread I removed "AND (cr.group_name in $P!{p_group} or '*' in $P!{p_group})" and previewed in a new report without failure.  

The reason you need tp do this is because SQL Preview doesn't parse $P! attributes/parameters and actually executes the report JRXML which in some cases can cause the SQL preview to fail as well. 

• 8.  Re: OOTB JasperReports query issue in Studio 6.3

Posted Mar 27, 2017 03:34 PM

Steve,

I'm trying to validate the OOTB report query in the same report and even after removing "AND (cr.group_name in $P!{p_group} or '*' in $P!{p_group})" , the query validation still fails.

• 9.  Re: OOTB JasperReports query issue in Studio 6.3

Posted Mar 27, 2017 03:43 PM

That a false negative.    If you hit Read Fields and then do a Data Preview/Refresh Preview Data  it will return results. 

• 10.  Re: OOTB JasperReports query issue in Studio 6.3

Posted Mar 27, 2017 04:21 PM

I'm not sure of your studio release but with studio 6.3, I see bunch of errors with Preview Data after removing the parameter clause.

• 11.  Re: OOTB JasperReports query issue in Studio 6.3
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 27, 2017 04:57 PM
      |   view attached

Copy SQL to brand new blank report.    Report should only include the SQL code and nothing else.  

Data Preview is trying to execute Report Code which is why it is failing.  

I've attached an example.

Attachment(s)

zip
    query_test.jrxml.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 12.  Re: OOTB JasperReports query issue in Studio 6.3

Posted Mar 28, 2017 08:20 AM

Your workaround helped to validate the OOTB report query, Thank You!

• 13.  Re: OOTB JasperReports query issue in Studio 6.3

Posted Mar 28, 2017 09:25 AM

Good to hear.  In theory it should work from the original report but there are some shortcomings with SQL Preview that requires this simple workaround.

Cheers!