CA Service Management

• 1.  Assign Different Priorities for Requests Only

Posted Mar 27, 2017 10:45 AM

I am investigating the feasibility of creating new priorities just for requests, the goal being that the incidents would have their own and the requests would have theirs. Is this possible?  I didn't see an option to do so in the I have seen reference to updating environmental parameters but obviously don't want to do that unless there is someone out there that has done this before with success. 

• 2.  Re: Assign Different Priorities for Requests Only

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2017 11:38 AM

Jessie, do you mean use non_UI tool such as pdm_load to create a new priority for requests but not incidents? If yes, I would like to point out:

--usually you don't need new priority...doing this could impact some out of box operations like priority caculation

--if you have to create a new priority, then you can just create it and then modify the detail_in.htmpl file change

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Priority" attr=priority evt="onBlur=\\\"detailSyncEditForms(this)\\\"" lookup=no>

to

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Priority" attr=priority evt="onBlur=\\\"detailSyncEditForms(this)\\\"" lookup=no whereclause="sym not like 'the-new-priority-sym%'">

so the incidents can't use this new priority.

Thanks

Chi

• 3.  Re: Assign Different Priorities for Requests Only

Posted Mar 27, 2017 01:13 PM

Thank you for response! I tried to update the Where Clause and it doesn't seem to work. I did notice that there is no priority symbol column in the cr table it references. I did try to use just priority with the '4' and '5' and it did not work. here is some examples of syntax i tried:

cr.priority NOT LIKE '4', '5'

priority NOT LIKE '4', '5'

and then both with NOT (priority IN ('4','5')

i also tried to spell out the table name using Call_Req instead of cr and it didn't work. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Jessie

• 4.  Re: Assign Different Priorities for Requests Only
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2017 02:29 PM

Jessie, I just tried

whereclause="sym not like '4-low%'"

where "4-low" is the sym(symble) of the priority 4 priority

and it worked for me no problem...analysts can't create new incidents with 4-low priority or modify

existing incidents with this priority.

Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: Assign Different Priorities for Requests Only

Posted Mar 27, 2017 03:35 PM

Thank you very much for the information, it is working perfectly!

• 6.  Re: Assign Different Priorities for Requests Only

Posted Aug 01, 2017 01:11 PM

you helped me tremendously and I have a similar question that we asked here that I quoted your response to:

https://communities.ca.com/thread/241781667-how-can-we-prevent-a-group-from-being-seen-by-other-groups?et=watches.email.outcome

Can this be done for Groups on IN and CR forms as well?

I am thinking this would work for what we want to do with the Group not showing up as an option for Incidents and Requests.

I am not certain where would modify the syntax if it is a required field (before or after "make_required=yes)? Would I put the Where Clause on both lines? would it be whereclause name <> 'Non-ET Change Owners'

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup hdr="Group" attr=group evt="onBlur=\\\"detailSyncEditForms(this)\\\"" make_required=yes>
    <PDM_ELSE>
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup hdr="Group" attr=group evt="onBlur=\\\"detailSyncEditForms(this)\\\"">

• 7.  Re: Assign Different Priorities for Requests Only

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2017 05:55 PM

you can try something like this

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup hdr="Group" attr=group extraurl="ADDITIONAL_WHERE=group.last_name<>'Non-ET Change Owners'" evt="onBlur=\\\"detailSyncEditForms(this)\\\"" make_required=yes>
    <PDM_ELSE>
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup hdr="Group" attr=group extraurl="ADDITIONAL_WHERE=group.last_name<>'some-other-group'" evt="onBlur=\\\"detailSyncEditForms(this)\\\"">