Service Virtualization

• 1.  Need help in customising the report!

Posted Mar 27, 2017 12:28 PM

As mentioned in the documentation :-

1) First I need to create a Java class that extends com.itko.lisa.coordinator.ReportGenerator. (Done)

2) Implement the required getTypeName method. (Done) - I believe we have to implement all the abstract methods defined!

3) For each item in the Report Attributes section of the Reports tab in the Staging Document Editor. Add a Parameter to the ParameterList for the report. ( What does this mean? How to implement this?) does this mean I create a new ParameterList and then use addAllKeyValuePair Method? and then use this for initialise method?? Need help here!!

I'm trying to make a excel report which contains information of all the events of each test step including the assertions results (Needed badly). 

Any help on this is really appreciated

• 2.  Re: Need help in customising the report!
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 28, 2017 10:35 AM

• 3.  Re: Need help in customising the report!

Posted Mar 28, 2017 10:44 AM

I didn't! Let me have a look  Thanks.

• 4.  Re: Need help in customising the report!

Posted Mar 29, 2017 11:00 AM

Hi Jeff_Stein,

I did check the link and still have few question :

1) In the getParameters() method - If I understand it correctly this method is getting the values and saving them as a key value pair, Right?

So I did this!

Defined necessary fields -

private String WATCHALLEVENTS_PROP;
    private String WATCHPROPS_PARAM;
    private String WATCHMETRICS_PARAM;
    private String WATCHREQRESP_PARAM;
    private String MAX_ERRORS;
    private String INCLUDEWARNINGS_PARAM;
    private String TEST_PARAM;
    private String test; 

public ParameterList getParameters() {

ParameterList p = new ParameterList();

p.addParameter(new Parameter("Record All Events", WATCHALLEVENTS_PROP, new Boolean(recordEvents).toString(),
    Boolean.class));

p.addParameter(new Parameter("Record Properties Set Referenced", WATCHPROPS_PARAM,
    new Boolean(recordProps).toString(), Boolean.class));

p.addParameter(new Parameter("Record Performance Metrics", WATCHMETRICS_PARAM,
    new Boolean(recordMetrics).toString(), Boolean.class));

p.addParameter(new Parameter("Record Request/Respnse/Screenshot", WATCHREQRESP_PARAM,
    new Boolean(recordReqResp).toString(), Boolean.class));

p.addParameter(
    new Parameter("Maximum number of errors and failures before test is stopped", MAX_ERRORS, maxErrors));

p.addParameter(new Parameter("Include warnings with errors and failures", INCLUDEWARNINGS_PARAM,
    new Boolean(includeWarnings).toString(), Boolean.class));

p.addParameter(new Parameter("Test", TEST_PARAM, test, TestExec.PROPERTY_PARAM_TYPE));

}

2) Didn't understand what should be in the Initialize class?  Any help here??