Clarity

• 1.  odf_custom_attributes corrupted

Posted Mar 28, 2017 04:23 AM

Hello,

Because a DB problem during creation of an project custom attribute  in Studio, the attribute was not created right, it was created in the odf_custom_attributes table but not in the odf_ca_project table.

Now I want to delete the attribute from studio and I get and error. 

Is there a way to safely remove the attribute?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Pilar

• 2.  Re: odf_custom_attributes corrupted

Posted Mar 28, 2017 04:51 AM

The only "supported" way I could suggest would be to revert to a backup.

(Presumably deleting the odf_custom_attributes record should fix it, but that is very unsupported ; I can't recommend doing that unless you are directed to by CA Support themselves)

• 3.  Re: odf_custom_attributes corrupted

Posted Mar 29, 2017 03:37 AM

Thanks a lot for your answer.

• 4.  Re: odf_custom_attributes corrupted

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2017 05:40 PM

Hi Maria,

Can you try creating a new attribute with the same name and ID under the same object and see if the system allows you to do that. 

If the system throws an error stating the ID already exist, then you should be deleting from the backend - odf_custom_attributes. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 5.  Re: odf_custom_attributes corrupted

Posted Mar 29, 2017 03:45 AM

Hello Jerin,

I tried to recreate the attribute with the same id and name and got duplicate id error, then I deleted the error entry from the df_custom_attributes table and restart services and the attibute dissapeared from the project attribute list in studio.

I had a second attribute in error, deleted from the table and then tried just flushing System Caches without restarting and the attribute also gone from Studio.

Thanks a lot for your answer.