CA Service Management

• 1.  SDM Mobility

Posted Mar 28, 2017 08:47 AM

Hi All

I need some advice please, 

We are running Service Desk 14.1 where we have a good couple of mandatory fields for Incident & Request Management. I know you can specify those mandatory fields via Mobile>Mobile Atrib (Admin Tab)

These mandatory fields can be specified via Mobile>Mobile Atribute within the 'Admin Tab' of SDM.

I, however, don't want to clutter the Mobile App with additional mandatory fields to make it cumbersome to use.

I can pass a default value via the data partition but that would affect the whole business.

My question ...

Is there a way I can pass a default (category) value somewhere within the directory ( ... \bopcfg\www\CATALINA_BASE_REST) where the web service payload always include this default (category) value for each and every Mobile call logged.

The other way of potentially doing it is by removing the mandatory from the schema for category and passing field required within the 'detail_in.htmpl'

Any other suggestion will be much appreciated and welcome.

Thank you

Jacques

• 2.  Re: SDM Mobility

Posted Mar 28, 2017 09:57 AM

Hi Jacques,

I dont believe this is currently possible in the application as there is no mechanism in place to trigger that type of thing.  You could try the option you presented by removing the "required" flag in the schema, and then making the field required in the form for the main interface, however, I am not sure of the effects of that on your environment based on how you have things set up there.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: SDM Mobility
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 28, 2017 10:06 AM

Hi Jacques,

You may be able to go the route of a Data Partition to set a default value. The mobile application uses the REST Web Service API Role on the user's Access Type which will not impact a user's interaction with the Service Desk web interface. While I have not tested this, it seems possible to setup a mobile Role and set this for the REST Web Service API Role on the necessary Access Types and then define the Data Partition for this Role. 

Please let me know if the above is not clear, and also the results if you decide to test this as I would be interested to know. I also plan to test this and will update once I have the chance to do so.

Regards,

Kurt

• 4.  Re: SDM Mobility

Posted Mar 28, 2017 10:34 AM

Hi Kurt

Interesting ... let me try it out, I will feedback

Thank you

Jacques

• 5.  Re: SDM Mobility

Posted Mar 28, 2017 10:50 AM

Hi Kurt

WOW ... what a nice and simple solution, thank you ... it works perfectly.

Thanks to all ...

Jacques

• 6.  Re: SDM Mobility

Posted Mar 28, 2017 11:50 AM

Thanks for the update Jacques, I'm glad that solution worked and I appreciate you letting us know.

Kurt