Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Error: plugin not available

Posted Mar 28, 2017 08:04 PM
      |   view attached

Trying to access CA OTP and Message says: The Desktop Client requires CA Tecnologies Authminder plugin to be enabled.

I have tried Internet Explorer and Chrome. I have uninstalled and re-installed. Rebooted. Enable and disable add-ons. Changed internet explorer settings. No luck, please help!

I'm attaching a screenshot!

• 2.  Re: Error: plugin not available

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 05:52 AM

Hi Juans13

You did not indicate what Advanced Authentication version and what browser versions you are using. Regardless, there are extra steps that may need to be performed for your browsers based on the browser versions. For example, for chrome please see here:

Desktop Client. - CA Advanced Authentication - 8.2.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

KR
    Russi

• 3.  Re: Error: plugin not available

Posted Apr 03, 2017 03:11 PM

The version I'm using is OTPDesktop-Web-2.2.3 and the browsers are Internet Explorer 11 as well as Google Chrome.

• 4.  Re: Error: plugin not available

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2017 11:25 AM

This may be as simple as a security setting in your browser blocking the launching of the local plugin. You can set the browser page to be in the "trusted" sites for IE and that should help. Otherwise there is a new desktop OTP generator which is NOT browser based so it does not have the limitations that the browser based version has. It was created for version 8.1.3 but does support the older releases of Arcot. You may want to open a support ticket if you are unable to find it.