CA Service Management

• 1.  Best Practice for underpinning contract implementation

Posted Mar 29, 2017 12:35 AM

Hi All,

I am in search of best approach for implementing underpinning contract within ca service desk manager , please suggest best practice document along with working example.

Regards,

Pradeep

• 2.  Re: Best Practice for underpinning contract implementation

Posted Mar 29, 2017 08:22 AM

Hi Pradeep, 

I am assuming here you are referring to Service Contracts (for Service Level Agreements or SLAs) within Service Desk.  If so, I wanted to provide you with the links to the documentation sections for these items which provide the background information on how it works, and will also have some simplified examples of these things along the way through the documentation.

Here are two links:

Service Level Agreements (SLA) - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Service Contracts - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

The first thing you have to do is to lay out the structure for the service level objectives, meaning what they will be based on - for example, Priority 1 tickets may have an initial SLA of 1 hour, and if that is violated, then it could breach a service contract that is tied to that SLA.  Now thats a very very very basic example, but you have to take that and now decide what your objectives will be based on for your specific needs.  Then you can start to draw out each SLA you want to be put in place on those objectives.  Then you can apply a service contract for them, which you can then report on later for metrics.

Hope this helps a bit.  I am sure others out here on the community may have some additional information to offer as to how they have their SLAs and Service Contracts set up.

Thanks,

Jon I.