CA Service Management

• 1.  CA SC integration with SDM

Posted Mar 29, 2017 10:10 AM

I have noticed that the OOTB setup for integration with SC to SDM, tickets are raised in SDM with link back to SC.  Is there any configuration which actually outputs the SC request data into the description of the SDM ticket?

• 2.  Re: CA SC integration with SDM
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 29, 2017 01:28 PM

Unfortunately there is no simple configuration option that changes how the tickets are created in SDM. However, the OOTB integration, aside from the 'Report an Issue' offering (which uses an internal Java class), leverages SDM web services (i.e. createChangeOrder method) from a PAM process like /Custom Operators/CA SLCM/SLCM_HWSW_FilledFromInvSDM_SYNC (i.e. 8b. Create Change Order operator) to create the ticket.  So one option would be to copy/modify the PAM process you are using for the integration and pass the necessary Catalog request data into the description. Following is part of the SLCM_HWSW_FilledFromInvSDM_SYNC process:

• 3.  Re: CA SC integration with SDM

Posted Mar 30, 2017 03:49 AM

Hi Jason, 

Yes we have explored this but would be too much work getting 'all' the data from SC request to SDM. having looked into some of the webservices I couldn't exactly see which one in SC gives me the data in the request items.  Or if I could call the webservices using a single method to get ALL the data.

I think this would be a good idea as a enhancement suggestion to be able to enable/disable OOTB. We frequently find customers are looking for something like this.

• 4.  Re: CA SC integration with SDM

Posted Mar 30, 2017 04:09 AM

ok found the 'getrequestitems' method which gives me all the request items

• 5.  Re: CA SC integration with SDM

Posted Jun 09, 2017 03:13 PM

Hi! I have the same problem. Where did you configure that method? In PAM or through a javascript?

Thanks!

• 6.  Re: CA SC integration with SDM

Posted Jun 15, 2017 05:40 AM

ITPAM is already integrated with SC and CASDM.  We changed the existing OOTB ITPAM code so that when the ticket interfaced into ITPAM from SC, it made webservice call back to SC to get the additional catalogue data and then post it all to CA SDM webservices.