Clarity

• 1.  Can you submit a timesheet for someone else?

Posted Mar 29, 2017 03:21 PM

We recently had an employee leave the company, but he forgot to submit his last timesheet. Is there a way to focus it through so the hours can be posted to the correct projects?

• 2.  Re: Can you submit a timesheet for someone else?

Posted Mar 29, 2017 04:01 PM

The person nominated as their Manager in the system should be able to submit their timesheets.

• 3.  Re: Can you submit a timesheet for someone else?

Posted Mar 29, 2017 05:12 PM

Only if that is within a company's policies - would not recommend automatically giving the Resource's Manager the ability to submit a timesheet.  Maybe, only if 'submit' right was separated from 'edit' right.

There are bad managers out there - had one that signed his name to my work (he was fired) and just heard same story from one of my son's friends (friend is leaving company, for this and other ethics related issues).  Such managers may not like what his resources are booking to and make changes.

One would like to think that such managers will get called out in good companies, and in bad companies, it doesn't matter.

Most managers are honest.  An employee leaving is an infrequent event, where a business policy can be set up easily enough and CA PPM configured to fit it (e.g. admin assistant may submit, or if manager submits, the manager's manager must approve).

Just don't want automation to make it easier to cheat for the few bad managers that are out there.

• 4.  Re: Can you submit a timesheet for someone else?

Posted Mar 29, 2017 09:44 PM

Agree on all counts. I always thought it was an "auto" right based on the Manager field.  Guess I was wrong (who would have thought that could happen?) 

• 5.  Re: Can you submit a timesheet for someone else?

Posted Mar 30, 2017 04:09 AM

Its just the "Resource - Enter Time" access right - however you may choose to grant that to someone over someone is up to your configuration (eg automatically for the named "manager" as others have suggested).

Not sure what you mean by "focus"-ing it though ; sounds like timesheet validation / approval though? (ref "Resource - Approve Time" access right).