Clarity

• 1.  Timesheet and Indirect Row on PPM 15.1

Posted Mar 30, 2017 10:49 AM

Hi there, we are working on time-sheet on training labs, and we dont find the indirect row add on the time-sheet.

All the information we can add, is about task and incident that are related to the resource, but, the resource doesn't have the possibility to add more indirect work, like a client meting, lunch, any option.

In other version this options exist.

Regards,

Pablo

• 2.  Re: Timesheet and Indirect Row on PPM 15.1

Posted Mar 30, 2017 11:06 AM

Is this in the new UI or "classic" ; new UI does not have indirect time entry.

Ref ; Release 15.1 Updates (On Premise) - CA PPM - 15.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Timesheet and Indirect Row on PPM 15.1

Posted Mar 30, 2017 11:13 AM

David!, thanks for the quick response.

We notice the lack of this feature in the new UI, we are talking about the classic, dont know if is a access issue, o what, is there any alternative, for unplanned activities, like vacation, meting, etc.

Cheers!

Pablo

• 4.  Re: Timesheet and Indirect Row on PPM 15.1

Posted Mar 30, 2017 11:32 AM

Many customers use the "Other Work" investment type to support admin/unplanned and other out of office time.

• 5.  Re: Timesheet and Indirect Row on PPM 15.1

Posted Mar 30, 2017 12:19 PM

Yes, I know that option, but the indirect row was much more easy, than telling a user to go to, other work, complete the info, add him to the team, and bla bla...you know what i mean...It has to be more easy....

Cheers

• 6.  Re: Timesheet and Indirect Row on PPM 15.1
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 30, 2017 01:11 PM

Pablo -

Time to convert to Other Work - we just successfully made the switch, having been on Indirect for a very long time - think before Clarity, before Niku...that's how old Indirect is.

Yes, it was simpler.  But it had its problems:

- can't plan with it

- can't prevent users from seeing or booking to indirect items that they should not use (big problem in countries where it may be illegal for us to ask why a person was absent, while in other countries it is fine to ask such details)

- can't create financial transactions from them

Basically, a 20+ year old data architecture that has seen its last days.

Now, Indirect is not exported to the DWH - so, can't use ad-hoc reporting in Jaspersoft to get at it.

Yes, Indirect was easier - I'm already missing that feature.  But the admins that had to work with resources to correct indirect errors ("Hans, your country makes it illegal for you to book to "sickness" - we must fix your timesheets!) are very happy, since with Other Work, Hans has no rights to see "sickness" - he can't make a mistake, now.

The admins would rather work on prevention, than correction.

Since you really don't have a choice, hope your change to Other Work goes as well as ours did.

Dale

• 7.  Re: Timesheet and Indirect Row on PPM 15.1

Posted Mar 30, 2017 01:49 PM

Dale

Wow...we didn't know those issues, in LATAM or the countries I use to work its very common to book any time. You make it really clear for me. Great Post!!

Thanks a lot.

Pablo