CA Service Management

• 1.  How can I associate a custom field to do the information in a tab?

Posted Mar 31, 2017 09:01 AM

How can I make information from a tab in the form change commands be abligatory if in a custom field I first select the "Yes" option from a drop-down list.

• 2.  Re: How can I associate a custom field to do the information in a tab?

Posted Mar 31, 2017 06:57 PM

Hi dav9401,

If I understand you need to validate a field when you create or update a ticket. This configuration have to be done in Data Partition.

In Data Partition you can restric that a ticket field need to be not null when another field is "Yes".

Hope this help.

Pedro

• 3.  Re: How can I associate a custom field to do the information in a tab?

Posted Apr 03, 2017 03:39 AM

pcplolo, I may have misunderstand but I don't think data partition can meet requirements here.

I'm not aware on the possibility to have some "if" statement in Data partition constraints.

However for your requirements  dav9401 ansd if you can accomodate  to wait for the user to click on the save button you can look to enforce this by using status transition and associated condition assuming you work on R/I/P/C forms or use presave spl trigger as describe in the post here.

May you want to do it  prior the save (in javascript so will only be enforced in the web interface ), you can look in this another post there for idea on similar.

Hope this help

/J