Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

How to extract EXACT value(not byte format) of Message Id and Corelation Id in a MQ Devtest 9.5.1 depreciated step

• 1.  How to extract EXACT value(not byte format) of Message Id and Corelation Id in a MQ Devtest 9.5.1 depreciated step

Posted Mar 30, 2017 05:06 PM

Hello All,

I tried applying the Extract Details filter and having prefix req but the value I get from it is not the actual value, its in some byte or some other format.

I also tried applying conversion logic by implementing a code which I read in forum using com.Util.binary.toHex something like this but I got error Util Class doesnt have toHex method.

Kindly also advice I need to see the value of Corelation Id also which is set when my Response is sent from Response Queue. So that I can proof that Message id for Request Queue is same as Correlation ID for Response Queue.

( I need proper String or HEx String value whatever it is i gues 45-50characters long value but in LISA we get Byte format in lisa.vse.messageid property)

Support is appreciated.!!Thanks

• 2.  Re: How to extract EXACT value(not byte format) of Message Id and Corelation Id in a MQ Devtest 9.5.1 depreciated step

Posted Mar 31, 2017 04:05 AM

Hi,

you can convert the byte[] value to Hex with a Script step.  

Please try this method: com.itko.util.BinaryUtil.toHex(byte[]).

Jan

• 3.  Re: How to extract EXACT value(not byte format) of Message Id and Corelation Id in a MQ Devtest 9.5.1 depreciated step

Posted Apr 03, 2017 04:47 AM

Hello Jan,

I tried this script but got error stating that could not find the method .toHex . I wrote import util.* before my code.

Can you please tell me what all packages do I need to import to make this code run?? ( Also does it work in dev test and 7.5 both )

• 4.  Re: How to extract EXACT value(not byte format) of Message Id and Corelation Id in a MQ Devtest 9.5.1 depreciated step

Posted Apr 03, 2017 04:51 AM

havja02 - I mean import com.itko.util.*

• 5.  Re: How to extract EXACT value(not byte format) of Message Id and Corelation Id in a MQ Devtest 9.5.1 depreciated step

Posted Apr 03, 2017 05:57 AM

Hey I am using this code, do you thing its fine??

// This Beanshell script should return a boolean result indicating the assertion is true or false
    import com.itko.util.*;

testExec.setStateValue("IncomingMessageIDValue",com.itko.util.BinaryUtil.toHex(testExec.getStateValue("req.message.id.bytes")));

return false;