CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Service Designer Tab is not loading completely in Internet Explorer

Pier Olivier Tremblay

Pier Olivier TremblayApr 04, 2017 12:57 PM

• 1.  Service Designer Tab is not loading completely in Internet Explorer

Posted Mar 31, 2017 05:33 PM

Installing windows update KB4012204 updates the Internet Explorer 11.0 to the following

Version 11.0.9600.18617

Update Versions: 11.0.40

On a Service Catalog 14.1 system if a user defined as Service Delivery Administrator or Administrator logs in to the Service Catalog and tries to Access the Service Designer Tab, the contents in this tab is shrunk and is there by maintaining the catalog or creating the new content in catalog difficult. This behavior is only observed in the particular version of Internet Explorer mentioned above.

It is advised to use Google Chrome or Mozilla in the interim to do the development of services or services related components in the service designer tab.

Catalog Engineering team is aware of this problem with Internet Explorer 11 and is working on a solution to rectify this problem faced in Internet Explorer.

• 2.  Re: Service Designer Tab is not loading completely in Internet Explorer

Posted Mar 31, 2017 05:55 PM

Thank you for alerting the community Chitra!

Service Designer Tab is not loading completely in Internet Explorer 

• 3.  Re: Service Designer Tab is not loading completely in Internet Explorer

Posted Apr 01, 2017 04:55 AM

Is there a particular reason it started behaving like this. Even I am facing this issue from last 1 week. I didn't had this issue before. What change would have made this issue. In our environment we just have IE no other browser. how to over come this issue.

• 4.  Re: Service Designer Tab is not loading completely in Internet Explorer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 02, 2017 06:23 AM

Hi Shubha,

I have noted this issue with many other clients and it has started after upgrading the IE 11 version with the below mentioned KB patch KB4012204. There are many articled circulating in Microsoft support web site. 

Microsoft has provided latest path i.e. KB4013429 with improved updates. Let me know if the latest fix solves the issue?.

• 5.  Re: Service Designer Tab is not loading completely in Internet Explorer

Posted Apr 03, 2017 08:28 AM

I logged a ticket 2 weeks ago about this. Will another email be sent out when the fix is available?

• 6.  Re: Service Designer Tab is not loading completely in Internet Explorer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2017 06:25 AM

Recently I worked on similar issue and with the help of Microsoft Update Catalog  ( download and apply the appropriate Patch )updates i am able to resolve the issue.

• 7.  Re: Service Designer Tab is not loading completely in Internet Explorer

Posted Apr 04, 2017 06:28 AM

As a work around I found this solution. It would be useful to someone who as to work immediately on system till the issue is fixed.

Open IE and click on catalog->forms tabs-> Press F12-> on right top "Document mode Emulated" set from 10 to Edge and minimise f12 screen(if we close it will reload the page and settings will disappear).

After changing to Edge full screen appears.

• 8.  Re: Service Designer Tab is not loading completely in Internet Explorer

Posted Apr 13, 2017 05:03 PM

This works great for the Forms Builder, but not in the Offerings Section. All I get is a blank panel, or a forever Loading.

• 9.  Re: Service Designer Tab is not loading completely in Internet Explorer

Posted Apr 14, 2017 09:02 AM

if you apply the patch recommended by CA this issue will get fixed. Yes the it works good for form designer the quick fix I suggested. for service offering section once you choose edge close the f12 screen the IE shows different view in which you can edit or work on few of the things on offering section

• 10.  Re: Service Designer Tab is not loading completely in Internet Explorer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2017 12:09 PM

• 11.  Re: Service Designer Tab is not loading completely in Internet Explorer

Posted Apr 04, 2017 09:13 AM

• 12.  Re: Service Designer Tab is not loading completely in Internet Explorer

Posted Apr 04, 2017 12:57 PM

For the folks on Windows 10, KB4016635 solved the issue!