Symantec IGA

• 1.  CA IDM: The Provisioning Server Router failed to connect to the Provisioning Directory

Posted Apr 02, 2017 10:05 AM

Hi, 

I am trying to Install CA Identity Manager R12 SP6 on my Windows XP Machine with all components on the same machine. 

- CA Directory

- CA Identity Manager

- Provisioning Directory

- Provisioning Server

- Connector Server. 

However, I am unable to install Provisioning Server. The get the following error: "The Provisioning Server Router failed to connect to the Provisioning Directory, which may need to be updated with knowledge of the Provisioning Server Router."

Please see below the complete error from the installation log:

(Apr 2, 2017 5:20:05 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.admin.ETAInstallRepositoryRouter, err, The Provisioning Server Router failed to connect to the Provisioning Directory, which may need to be updated with knowledge of the Provisioning Server Router. Look at the log file C:\DOCUME~1\Suresh\LOCALS~1\Temp/imps_server_install.log for details.
    (Apr 2, 2017 5:20:05 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.admin.ETAInstallRepositoryRouter, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [ProductException: (error code = -1; message="Provisioning Server Router failed to connect to Provisioning Directory")])
    STACK_TRACE: 12
    ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [ProductException: (error code = -1; message="Provisioning Server Router failed to connect to Provisioning Directory")])
    at com.ca.etrust.install.admin.ETAInstallRepositoryRouter.install(ETAInstallRepositoryRouter.java:137)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:1916)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5195)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:369)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:333)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:133)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:4563)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3758)
    at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(AsynchronousOperation.java:41)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

(Apr 2, 2017 5:20:05 PM), Install, com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32ProductServiceImpl, msg1, uninstalling ETA Install Repository Router (provisioningRouter)
    (Apr 2, 2017 5:20:05 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.admin.ETAInstallRepositoryRouter, msg1, ETAInstallRepositoryRouter:uninstall() - begin
    (Apr 2, 2017 5:20:05 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.admin.ETAInstallRepositoryRouter, msg1, Removing the Router DSA...
    (Apr 2, 2017 5:20:10 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.adminrepository.InstallETDUtils, msg1, Found DSA(s): exconnetworks-impd-co,exconnetworks-impd-inc,exconnetworks-impd-main,exconnetworks-impd-notify,exconnetworks-imps-router
    (Apr 2, 2017 5:20:10 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.admin.ETAInstallRepositoryRouter, msg1, Stopping the Router DSA...
    (Apr 2, 2017 5:20:11 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.InstallUtils, msg1, Service 'DXserver_exconnetworks-imps-router' is stopped...
    (Apr 2, 2017 5:20:13 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.admin.ETAInstallRepositoryRouter, msg1, Removing the Router DSA...
    (Apr 2, 2017 5:20:38 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.admin.ETAInstallRepositoryRouter, msg1, ETAInstallRepositoryRouter:uninstall() - end
    (Apr 2, 2017 5:20:38 PM), Install, com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32ProductServiceImpl, msg1, uninstalling ETA Create System User (etaslapdUser)
    (Apr 2, 2017 5:20:38 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.conditions.InstallStatusCondition, msg1, InstallStatus = 5 (Failed)
    (Apr 2, 2017 5:20:38 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.conditions.InstallStatusCondition, msg1, InstallAction was rolled back due to cancellation or failure
    (Apr 2, 2017 5:20:41 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.conditions.InstallStatusCondition, msg1, InstallStatus = 5 (Failed)
    (Apr 2, 2017 5:20:41 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.conditions.InstallStatusCondition, msg1, InstallAction was rolled back due to cancellation or failure

Can you please help me identify & resolution for the issue. 

Thanks,

Suresh

• 2.  Re: CA IDM: The Provisioning Server Router failed to connect to the Provisioning Directory
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 05:45 AM

Hello Suresh... I am assuming you are trying to install CA Identity Manager 12.6.8

A couple of things:

1. Windows XP is not a supported platform for installing and running Identity Manager server components. Did you check out the support matrix at  Server Environments - CA Identity Manager - 12.6.8 - CA Technologies Documentation ?  I doubt you can install all these components on Windows XP. You should use a supported operating system

2. Did you install CA Directory before launching the CA Identity Manager installation? CA Directory needs to be pre-installed so that the IM installer can create a provisioning directory to be used by the provisioning server. Check out the doc here: Install CA Directory - CA Identity Manager - 12.6.8 - CA Technologies Documentation 

KR
    Russi

• 3.  Re: CA IDM: The Provisioning Server Router failed to connect to the Provisioning Directory

Posted Apr 04, 2017 01:44 AM

Hi, 

I did install CA Directory prior to installing the other components. Seems like there is an issue with the OS. Anyway thanks for the update. If I have any questions I will come back to you. 

Thanks,

Suresh

• 4.  Re: CA IDM: The Provisioning Server Router failed to connect to the Provisioning Directory

Posted Nov 16, 2017 08:09 PM

Hi Russi,

I am also facing the issue, what Suresh is facing. I have followed all the pre-requisites. Following is our Test environment, We are trying to add one provisioning server r12.6 SP2 to exisitng HA env. Already 3 Provisioning Directories are in HA mode on AIX machines.

1. CA Directory (Corporate Store and Provisioning Store - provisioning directory) are already installed on 3 AIX 64 bit machines in HA mode.

2. On Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit machine we are trying to install Provisioning server. For that as a pre-requisite we have installed CA Directory 64 bit on same Win 2008 Server R2 machine.

3. While installing Provisioning server on same Win 2008 R2 server we have provided all the three Provisioning directory host names and selected the current provisioning server as Primary server (some times tried installing as Alternative server) and provided all the required inputs and started the installation, it's failing and showing the same error what Suresh is getting i.e 

The Provisioning Server Router failed to connect to the Provisioning Directory, which may need to be updated with knowledge of the Provisioning Server Router. Look at the log file C:\DOCUME~1\Suresh\LOCALS~1\Temp/imps_server_install.log for details.

Install, com.ca.etrust.install.admin.ETAInstallRepositoryRouter, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [ProductException: (error code = -1; message="Provisioning Server Router failed to connect to Provisioning Directory")])

(Nov 15, 2017 4:03:36 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.adminrepository.InstallETDUtils, msg1, Failed getting list of DSA(s): No DSA's exist
    (Nov 15, 2017 4:03:36 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.admin.ETAInstallRepositoryRouter, msg1, Extracting Router DSA files...
    (Nov 15, 2017 4:03:36 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.admin.ETAInstallRepositoryRouter, msg1, Extracting Router DSA files...
    (Nov 15, 2017 4:03:36 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.InstallUtils, msg1, Delete: no such file or directory: E:\CA\Directory\dxserver\config\knowledge\imps-router.dxc
    (Nov 15, 2017 4:03:36 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.InstallUtils, msg1, Delete: no such file or directory: E:\CA\Directory\dxserver\config\ssld\personalities\imps-router.pem
    (Nov 15, 2017 4:08:48 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.InstallUtils, msg1, WARNING: Service 'DXserver_usatltna-imps-router' start timed out. State: 1
    (Nov 15, 2017 4:08:50 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.InstallUtils, msg1, ---- BEGIN LOG FILES ----
    (Nov 15, 2017 4:08:50 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.InstallUtils, msg1, E:\CA\Directory\dxserver\logs\XXXX-imps-router_alarm.log: [244] 20171115.160341.101 DSA_E1280 Error in initialization files
    (Nov 15, 2017 4:08:50 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.InstallUtils, msg1, E:\CA\Directory\dxserver\logs\XXXX-imps-router_alarm.log: [244] 20171115.160341.101 DSA_I1240 DSA shutting down
    (Nov 15, 2017 4:08:50 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.InstallUtils, msg1, E:\CA\Directory\dxserver\logs\XXXX-imps-router_alarm.log: [52] 20171115.160850.444 DSA_E1280 Error in initialization files
    (Nov 15, 2017 4:08:50 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.InstallUtils, msg1, E:\CA\Directory\dxserver\logs\XXXX-imps-router_alarm.log: [52] 20171115.160850.444 DSA_I1240 DSA shutting down
    (Nov 15, 2017 4:08:50 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.InstallUtils, msg1, E:\CA\Directory\dxserver\logs\XXXX-imps-router_trace.log: ? [244] 20171115.160340.305 WARN : 'clear schema;' has been disabled as it is not required
    (Nov 15, 2017 4:08:50 PM), Install, com.ca.etrust.install.InstallUtils, msg1, E:\CA\Directory\dxserver\logs\XXXX-imps-router_trace.log: ? [244] 20171115.160340.695 ERROR : Syntax Error: Line 1 in E:\CA\Directory\dxserver\config\knowledge\xt701.na.ko.com-impd-main.dxc near '.'

Note : Our CA Directory and Provisioning directory instances are running successfully there is no issue on that. On Win 2008 R2 machine Jdk 1.8.0.121 installed and configured properly. Already existing provisioning server is talking to 

I request you to kindly help us on this. This is little bit urgent.

Regards,

Srujan

• 5.  Re: CA IDM: The Provisioning Server Router failed to connect to the Provisioning Directory

Posted Sep 10, 2018 08:27 AM

Hi Russi,

For Upgrading CA IDM from 12.6.5 to 12.6.8

Before installing IM we need to upgrade the CA Directory and provisioning server.

we are moving from jboss 6.3 to jboss 6.4 what all the files we need to copy from jboss 6.3 to jboss 6.4.

Please help me on these

Thanks 

• 6.  Re: CA IDM: The Provisioning Server Router failed to connect to the Provisioning Directory

Posted Nov 30, 2017 04:36 PM

Hi Russi,

Is there any update from you on this.

Regards,

Srujan

• 7.  Re: CA IDM: The Provisioning Server Router failed to connect to the Provisioning Directory

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2017 12:48 AM

Please check server's hosts file. Does it contain proper entries for IP address & hostnames?

Regards,

Sumeet

• 8.  Re: CA IDM: The Provisioning Server Router failed to connect to the Provisioning Directory

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2017 08:37 AM

Hi Srujan

Sorry I did not realize the question was directed specifically to me. You should always open support case with CA Support in such types of situations because this typically involves analyzing logs and configurations in detail.

You seem to have some errors in the knowledge file xt701.na.ko.com-impd-main.dxc  

What are the contents of this file?

KR
    Russi