CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Tenant issue

• 1.  Tenant issue

Posted Apr 02, 2017 04:26 AM

Hi team,

We are on the latest version of SD (14.1.03.2) and we have multi-tenancy enabled. When we are trying to update the group for the users from the ServiceDesk user, under the tenant option we can only see the ServiceProvider tenant name , rest of the tenants are not visible. Does any1 know what could be the issue here? (Note: this is UAT environment, wherein the mdb was restored from Swingbox environment)

We are also receiving below msg when post clicking update groups:

AHD05348:Selections restricted to tenants allowed for tenant <Serviceprovidername>references

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Tenant issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 03:27 AM

Hi Johnson,

I was able to reproduce the behavior on my test box with the C3. It seems that the behavior is same as the problem #2086 (https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/kbproblem?docid=568512&productcd=USRD&problemnbr=2086). Please check the steps to reproduce the behavior. If it is same as your problem, please contact CA Support team for furthre investigation.

Thank you,

Kaori

• 3.  Re: Tenant issue

Posted Apr 04, 2017 08:28 AM

Hi ,

The actual issue is with tenant dropdown values when clicked on "update group" button on contact page,only serviceprovider name appear and not subtenants.The same all tenant dropdown values are visible from other pages like group page.

so please suggest

Thanks 

• 4.  Re: Tenant issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2017 01:41 AM

Hi Mandar,

Yes, on my test box, I can see the same behavior as you described. All tenants are displayed in the Tenant dropdown list on Update Group page of r14.1 C1. Whereas, on r14.1 C3, only Service Provider Tenant is displayed on the dropdown list as you mentioend. It seems that the problem #2086 that occurred to the previous version of SDM has been back. Therefore, I suggested to open a new Case for it so that CA support can try to investigate it further.

Thank you,

Kaori

• 5.  Re: Tenant issue

Posted Apr 06, 2017 01:56 AM

Hi Kaori, we had raised this issue with CA support and they confirmed that the mentioned patch is not related to our issue. They are further investigating the issue. If you get anything else please let us know.

We can see the tenant here check below image;

but when searching here it displays only the ServiceProvider Tenant  & the highlighted msg

• 6.  Re: Tenant issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2017 03:59 AM

Hi Johnson,

I am not sure what has caused the problem at this stage. I see exactly same behavior on my 3 test servers, one has had C2, rest of 2 servers have had C3. A working server has had C1...

If Multi-Tenancy option is set to "Setup", then we are not able to reproduce the behavior. Once it is set to "on", such as "on (allow)", we could see the same behavior here. Also, the problem does not occur if a Contact does not belong to a tenant. If you need to add a group to a Contact urgently and you are allowed to restart the Service Desk service, you may try to change the Tenant option... but I don't think it is easy for a production system...

Thank you,

Kaori 

• 7.  Re: Tenant issue

Posted Apr 06, 2017 04:39 AM

ok..i"ll try setup option in multi-tenancy.. but I would like to understand more about this option.. what is the impact of changing the value to "setup", will it affect the existing multitenancy configurations?

• 8.  Re: Tenant issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2017 04:53 AM

Hi Johnson,

If you set the option to "Setup", the multi-tenancy function will not work. So users will be able to see a restricted Tenant data, though Service Desk administrator can work to set up tenant settings for contacts, groups and etc. So please be carefully to change the option setting to "setup".

Kind regards,

Kaori

• 9.  Re: Tenant issue

Posted Apr 12, 2017 02:22 AM

Hi Kaori,

I have an observation or rather a query:

1. We have 1 tenant which is the service provider(lets say "abc") and 6 other tenant( d e f g h i)

2. All the contacts belong to the ServiceProvider Tenant.(abc)

3. Tenant access & tenant write access for Administrator is set to "All Tenants" & "Same as Tenant Access" respectively.

4. No group has the ServiceProvider tenant(abc), it belongs to d e f g h and i.

So now when we open the contact record and click update groups, in the tenant dropdown, as per above configurations will rest of the tenants be visible?( d e f g h i)

Need your help here. 

• 10.  Re: Tenant issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2017 11:02 PM

Hi Marulkar,

Accoding to a patch readme for the previous version, all groups under other tenants will be shown after the patch is applied.

I have started to think which behavior is correct... It seems it is also correct behavior only Contact's Groups are displayed when added Groups, even though the Contact has "All Tenant" Access. We should wait for the investigation for the opened case.

Kind regards,

Kaori 

• 11.  Re: Tenant issue

Posted Apr 11, 2017 01:58 AM

The issue still persists..ca engineering team is looking into the issue, please let me know if you get anything.

thanks

• 12.  Re: Tenant issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2017 05:16 AM

Johnson,

Please find more details on "Setup", its also mentioned in official documentation.

The Multi-Tenancy Option

You activate multi-tenancy by installing one of the following multi-tenancy options:

• Off -- Multi-tenancy is not in use. Multi-tenancy features are not available, and objects do not have a tenant attribute. This option is the default setting at a new CA SDM installation.
    • Setup -- Multi-tenancy features are in effect for administrators, so that tenant-related objects and attributes are visible and editable. However, CA SDM does not enforce tenancy restrictions, and non-administrator users see no changes. This setting allows an administrator to prepare for multi-tenancy by performing such tasks as defining tenants or assigning objects to tenants without impacting normal use of CA SDM.
    • On -- Multi-tenancy is fully operational. All users see the UI changes appropriate to them, and CA SDM enforces tenancy restrictions.

• 13.  Re: Tenant issue