DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Health Index alternative

Posted Apr 03, 2017 03:34 AM

Hi,

As of UIM version 8.5.1 the health index probe is depreciated.

And, as it usually happens, we now have a customer that asks for the following:

"Retrieving and providing an overview of the health status and scoring of devices must be possible"

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to proceed with this? The health index would've been useful in this case...

Thanks

Mark

• 2.  Re: Health Index alternative

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2017 03:26 AM

Hello Mark, you may have a look at the telemetry probe https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/telemetry

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

• 3.  Re: Health Index alternative

Posted Apr 05, 2017 07:03 AM

Hi Britta,

could you explain what part of telemetry probe does that health score calculation for hosts, I can not find any that kind of metrics like that.

/teppo

• 4.  Re: Health Index alternative

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2017 07:38 AM

Hello Teppo, the probe collects data like

Top Ten QoS

• Status
    • Number
    • Name
    which could help for this request.

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

• 5.  Re: Health Index alternative

Posted Apr 05, 2017 08:02 AM

hmm.. maybe I am not understanding something now (which seems to be very common nowadays), but the health_index did calculations and showed us that the deviceA has healthscore of 95%

Not sure how those QoSses can replace this info. Maybe I just have not read enough documentation yet...

/teppo

• 6.  Re: Health Index alternative

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2017 08:25 AM

Hello Teppo, there is no direct substitution for health index probe. The telemetry probe is just one idea where data about the environment is collected and reported.

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner