DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Airwatch monitoring

Posted Apr 03, 2017 08:19 AM

HI all.

Has anyone knowledge of or experience monitoring AIRWATCH?

A VMWare product.

Any info on probes or other of ways of monitoring this would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Gareth.

• 2.  Re: Airwatch monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 07, 2017 09:08 AM

Hi Gareth,

I just took a look around and I don't think UIM has anything Airwatch-specific.

With that said, I don't really have much knowledge on the Airwatch application. Could you use something like the logmon probe to report metrics?

• 3.  Re: Airwatch monitoring

Posted Apr 07, 2017 09:16 AM

Hi Philip.

Thanks for checking on that.

Hopefully someone may have had an actual operating situation that include this or other options.

• 4.  Re: Airwatch monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 07, 2017 09:24 AM

No problem! You could always submit an idea to bring some attention to this.

• 5.  Re: Airwatch monitoring

Posted Apr 07, 2017 12:39 PM

Hi Gareth,

All technologies based on VMWare development typically use an API système to bring the possibility of third party communications/actions/reporting ...

I hope it's the same on Airwatch solution. If you are unfamiliar with the pearl or the java devlopment (to create a new probe) it's also possible (I think) to use webservicemon and get par API (REST ?) the metrics or informations you need ?

If Airwatch store some "internal" metrics in a dedicated databse system, it's probably also possible to use the probes concerned ...

For logmon, that depend on what you need : If you want to monitor the central airwatch system and/or collect informations on targeted equipments ?

If you have create an Idea, please send us the link. I think it's good to extend the monitoring capabilities of UIM for all about vmware technologies :-)

Best regards,
    Jonathan.

• 6.  Re: Airwatch monitoring

Posted Apr 07, 2017 01:02 PM