Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Integrate API into Arcot AFM

Posted Apr 03, 2017 09:58 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to let API Gateway to call arcot afm controllers jsp page? 

We have Arcot Strong Authentication for Web application and all business rules are set up in the controller2.jsp.

I want extend API Gateway to use Strong Authentication with same business rules which means I need to find a way to let API Gateway to call that arcot afm controller2 jsp. I tried that but when I test API, in the arcot log, I saw arcot was not able to gather user data. I just wondering does anybody know how to make that work?

Thanks

Mark

• 2.  Re: Integrate API into Arcot AFM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 08:17 PM

Hi Mark,

I don't know much about arcot, it seems to be CA Advanced Authentication. If that's the case, we have MAG to integrate with CA Advanced Authentication. Please refer to, CA Advanced Authentication Integration - CA Mobile API Gateway - 3.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards,
    Mark

• 3.  Re: Integrate API into Arcot AFM

Posted Apr 04, 2017 09:13 AM

Mark,

Thanks your response. I knew MAG has CA Advanced Authentication and yeah CA Advanced Authentication is Arcot but Arcot has 3 components (Riskfort, Webfort, AFM). For the post-evaluation, MAG is using riskfort api. I am trying to integrate API into AFM part.

Thanks

Mark

• 4.  Re: Integrate API into Arcot AFM

Posted Apr 05, 2017 02:34 PM

I know that both Strong Auth(Webfort) and Risk Auth(Riskfort) expose Web Services that have been successfully used to integrate with APIM. I don't believe that the AFM does though, or that any productized integration has been developed.

• 5.  Re: Integrate API into Arcot AFM

Posted Apr 05, 2017 02:59 PM

Bill,

Thanks your information.. In my policy, I did this test.

1. In my policy, I create Request: Add HTTP Header and header name = SM_USER, value = my test id

2. Route to AFM controller2.jsp.

In my arcot afm log, I saw SM_USER header but no value.  I thought I did something wrong in my policy so I tried add another HTTP Header and header name = Test, value = test.

After that, I test again. This time SM_USER still return no value but I can see Test header value in the log.

I am not sure why it delete SM_USER value.  I am not sure which component (Layer7, Arcot or Siteminder) delete that value.

Thanks

Mark