CA Service Management

• 1.  Manual Notify issue-404 file not found

Posted Apr 03, 2017 10:10 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

Some of our analysts would like to edit the manual notificaiton after they sent, for easy monitoring and when they try to do it, its always success but when the notificaiton length exceed 1257 charectors we get  the below error.

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

It looks its not the length of charectors issue , and still investigating however if any one faced the issue appreciate if you can help here.

thanks

sharath.M

• 2.  Re: Manual Notify issue-404 file not found

Posted Apr 03, 2017 01:44 PM

Sharath,

When you say "edit the manual notify" after sending it, what exactly are analysts editing?  Is it the activity log entry for that manual notification?  Or the notification log?  or something else?   I am not sure I understand what the need is here.

Can you clarify for us?,
    Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Manual Notify issue-404 file not found

Posted Apr 04, 2017 02:54 AM

Hi Jon_Israel

Analysts tring to edit the sent manual notification user description  from Activity log.

Purpose, they send many manual notification from a ticket to different people and when some one want to track to whom they have sent, after sending they edit and above the Manual Notificatio, they want to write the name.

so the manager can track easily.

However, am planing for a solution to display the receipient name automatically after sent but that i should check the feasibility.

/sharath

• 4.  Re: Manual Notify issue-404 file not found

Posted Apr 04, 2017 07:47 AM

Hi Sharath,

So you are saying that whenever the length of the notification is more than 1257 characters, they cannot edit it - they get the 404 page, however when its less than 1257 characters it works?

Jon

• 5.  Re: Manual Notify issue-404 file not found

Posted Apr 05, 2017 02:42 AM

Yes Jon_Israel.

Its just my understanding about the char

• 6.  Re: Manual Notify issue-404 file not found

Posted Apr 05, 2017 07:56 AM

Can you get confirmation on that?  If that is the case, and its truly that it only occurs after you hit that number of characters, then it would be best to open a support case on this so one of our engineers can take a look at it.

Jon