CA Service Management

• 1.  Unified Self-Service Installation Error

Posted Apr 03, 2017 11:52 AM

Hi guys!

At first, this is the first time that i try to install and integrate Unified Self-Service with CA Service Management.

In my customer enviromnent theres installed CA EEM, CA Service Desk Manager, CA Service Catalog and CA ITCM.

Im my attempt to install CA USS the Installation progress occurred without any error messages, for that, i followed the steps in the CA Open Space Implementation Guide and on the document in this link https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/implementing/implementing-ca-service-management-14-1/step-4-install-or-upgrade/implementing-ca-service-desk-manager/how-to-install-ca-sdm/step-2-install-ca-sdm/install-unified-self-service-with-ca-service-desk-manager 

The problem is, when i try to follow the others steps after installation, as modify CA Open Space (Change Unified Self-Service Installation option) or any other options to finalize the Installation, the error messages bellow are presented to me.

Also, when I try to access the urls I get the HTTP 404 Not Found error:

Has anyone ever had this problem or could you tell if I'm doing something wrong or even skipping some mandatory step?

• 2.  Re: Unified Self-Service Installation Error

Posted Apr 03, 2017 12:50 PM
      |   view attached

The last install log file is attached. In a very superficial search I was able to find some error information, such as:

Installation: Successful with errors.

4123 Successes
    0 Warnings
    1 NonFatalErrors
    0 FatalErrors

----------------------

Custom Action: com.ca.OpenSpaceOnPremises.OSOPCreateSQLDataBase
    Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.ca.OpenSpaceOnPremises.OSOPCreateSQLDataBase.install() runtime exception:

----------------------

onnecting to database...
    Creating statement...
    Creating DB osop
    Error while Creating DB...com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Cannot create file 'E:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL13.CJFSQLHOM\MSSQL\DATA\osop.mdf' because it already exists. Change the file path or the file name, and retry the operation.
    OSOPCreateSQLDataBase.createUserNDB <<<

• 3.  Re: Unified Self-Service Installation Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 02:54 PM

Does USS get to the point where the services are able to start up? Are there any errors in the actual USS application logs? Also to confirm, was this system migrated from a previous version of USS (OpenSpace) or is this a completely new install?

• 4.  Re: Unified Self-Service Installation Error

Posted Apr 03, 2017 05:39 PM

Thanx for answering, Alexander!

Yeah, its a new installation!!

After conclude  the installation, on the windows services option, the services CA Unifierd Self-Service Jetty Server and CA Unified Self-Service Server appeared.

However, when start these services nothing happens, none of the USS configuration or administration options works.

• 5.  Re: Unified Self-Service Installation Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 05:44 PM

Diego,

Can you provide the logs from %INSTALL FOLDER%\Self Service\OSOP\logs

• 6.  Re: Unified Self-Service Installation Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2017 08:57 AM

Hi Diego,

I worked art similar case where beyond the error HTTP 404, I also saw the following behavior:

java.exe do not reach the 1.2GB, but it limits to ~900MB;
    some errors appears in USS Tomcat log file ("")

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.liferay.portal.spring.context.PortalContextLoaderListener

We finally figured out that the issue was related to the password expired for the "ussdbadmin" user. 

Not sure if that helps. You could check with DBA.

Regards,

Roberto