Clarity

• 1.  Gantt:  Task list shifts after moving dragging task

Posted Apr 03, 2017 11:52 AM

On CA PPM, on premise, 15.2; IE 11.0.9600.18617 (lasted update from MS).

Steps to replicate:

• Create WBS with 100 or more tasks
    • Scroll to task near end of task list
    • Click on task and drag it left or right in time and drop it

Expected result:  See task where one dropped it, with new dates in Start, Finish fields with previous dates redlined.

Actual result:  Taken to top of Gantt chart. 

Workaround:  The vertical slide bar is in unchanged position - one can shift it up or down a small bit and be instantly taken back to shifted task and see the pending date changes.

Question:  Certainly this is a bug, but is there a browser setting or other thing that we can change on our end, to resolve this, or must we rely on CA to provide a patch?

If we must wait for patch, will submit support case.

Dale

• 2.  Re: Gantt:  Task list shifts after moving dragging task

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2017 09:24 AM

Hi Dale,

I checked for reported bugs, and there is a similar one having to do with inserting a new task and the gantt jumping back to the top of the page.  The fix is targeted for 15.2 patch 2. 

I am checking to see if the fix referenced above fixes your issue as well.

Thank you,

• 3.  Re: Gantt:  Task list shifts after moving dragging task

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2017 05:05 AM

Hello Dale,

I have checked and there is a very similar defect, DE32844, which is about the Gantt going to the top of the page in another kind of edit (in this case, it is when a task is edited). The root cause should be the same.

This defect is currently fixed in our next release currently scheduled for this year, but I do not have any information regarding if there are any backport plans.

Regards

• 4.  Re: Gantt:  Task list shifts after moving dragging task

Posted Apr 26, 2017 11:04 AM

Dear Liz, dear Marc,

we are also experiencing this behaviour in Gantt on version 14.4 . A backport would be highly appreciated.

In the meantime, do you know a workaround in order to ease the workflow of entering data?

Best regards

Elise