Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

How to remove "Exact" icon from a parameter in hierarchal portlet

• 1.  How to remove "Exact" icon from a parameter in hierarchal portlet

Posted Apr 04, 2017 06:12 AM

Hi,

I have created a project and tasks based hierarchal portlet. First level shows projects list and below levels show tasks and sub-tasks. We have created a parameter to enable users in filtering the data based on task ids. We have not attached lookup with this parameter and users have to search through text entry. 

Please refer below syntax for this parameter written under each union (we have union 3 queries here): 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) In first query.

@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:STRING:proj_task_id@ is NULL
       OR inv_investments.id IN(SELECT prprojectid from prtask WHERE lower(prexternalid) LIKE '%'||lower(replace(@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:STRING:proj_task_id@,'*','%'))||'%')

2) In second query

AND   (@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:STRING:proj_task_id@ IS NULL OR
                  lower(tasks.prexternalid) LIKE '%'||lower(replace(@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:STRING:proj_task_id@,'*','%'))|| '%' OR
                  exists
                   (select 1
                    from prtask child
                    where tasks.prprojectid = child.prprojectid
                      and tasks.prwbssequence < child.prwbssequence
                      and tasks.wbs_nnbseq > child.prwbssequence
                      and lower(child.prexternalid) LIKE '%'||lower(replace(@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:STRING:proj_task_id@,'*','%'))|| '%'
      ) OR
                  exists
                   (select 1
                    from prtask parent
                    where parent.prprojectid = tasks.prprojectid
                      and parent.prwbssequence < tasks.prwbssequence
                      and parent.wbs_nnbseq > tasks.prwbssequence
                      and lower(parent.prexternalid) LIKE '%'||lower(replace(@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:STRING:proj_task_id@,'*','%'))|| '%'
     )

3) In 3rd query,

AND @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:STRING:proj_task_id@ is NULL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I am able to filter data perfectly, but an exact icon "=" is displaying in the portlet due to which users get confused if they need to enter the exact name of task they need to filter. Could you please suggest a way through which this Exact icon can be removed from portlet.

Let me know if I need to provide more details regarding this.

Regards,

Devendra

• 2.  Re: How to remove "Exact" icon from a parameter in hierarchal portlet

Posted Apr 04, 2017 10:57 AM

Add hint text to the filter field to say " Please ignore 'exact' " - or something like that?

(you are getting the icon as the system doesn't really 'know' that you are using LIKE in the NSQL)