DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  JAVA error while opening CA UIM Admin console

Posted Apr 04, 2017 12:25 AM

Hi All,

Am getting below mentioned error while trying to open UIM Admin console.

Error :

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource '_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/html/themes/_unstyled/templates/init.vm'

Can anyone suggest me, what to do further and how to resolve the same ASAP.

Will wait for your positive response.

• 2.  Re: JAVA error while opening CA UIM Admin console

Posted Apr 04, 2017 08:44 AM

These are in regards to ump but the message is the same so perhaps they will help.

UMP fails to open with error An unexpected system error occurred. Resource exception on init.vm

Document ID:  TEC1788994

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1788994.html 

UMP error javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource '_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/html/themes/_unstyled/templates/init.vm'

Document ID:  TEC000004540

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC000004540.html 

• 3.  Re: JAVA error while opening CA UIM Admin console

Posted Feb 15, 2018 09:39 AM

Hi David ,

I am facing the same issue in CABI . So i tried following the same steps but something weird happened.

So after removing ROOT folder and restarting wasp..my CABI url leads to UMP home page !!

Kindly suggests what needs to be done in this scenario.

Thanks 

Anmol

• 4.  Re: JAVA error while opening CA UIM Admin console

Posted Apr 05, 2017 01:15 AM

Hi  David,

Yesterday itself i had resolved this issue, BTW thanks for your response.

• 5.  RE: Re: JAVA error while opening CA UIM Admin console

Posted Oct 29, 2019 01:03 AM
    Hi Yusuf,

I am facing the same error.Please let me know how did you resolve the issue.

Regards,
    Usha

• 6.  RE: Re: JAVA error while opening CA UIM Admin console
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2019 09:19 AM
    Usha -

Here are the new links to the Knowledge Documents suggested earlier to resolve this UMP issue:

Document ID:  TEC1788994
    Now:  KB44304 : UMP fails to open with error An unexpected system error occurred. Resource exception on init.vm

Document ID:  TEC000004540
    Now retired.  Contents of this old document:

Symptoms

When the customer tries to log into the Unified Management Portal they see the following error 

javax-servlet-jsp-JspException-org-apache-velocity-exception-ResourceNotFoundException-Unable-to-find-resource-SERVLET-CONTEXT-html-themes-unstyled-templates-init-vm

Solution

The best way to fix this is to do the following:

• Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\service\wasp\webapps\ROOT
    • Backup the ROOT folder
    • Navigate to the archive and deploy the ump probe package to the location of where UMP machine/wasp is located. You will notice that the dap, dashboard_engine, and wasp will deactivate. Once you have deployed the UMP probes activate those three probes in that order dap, dashboard_engine, and wasp ( note dap and dashboard_engine no longer exist on UIM 8.x and above ).
    • This will create a new ROOT directory. Wait for about 5-10 mins for the wasp probe to come up and gain a port and a PID. You should now be able to log in to UMP and this will have fixed your issue.

------------------------------
    Kathy Maguire
    Technical Support Engineer 4
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------