CA Service Management

• 1.  SDM Change Order Classic Workflow

Posted Apr 04, 2017 03:17 AM

Hi All

I have the "keep_tasks" option installed to not loose property information in Incident Management when changing the category.

However, this is also n problem in Change Orders where we use classic workflow when a change order category is changed, it keeps the previous category workflow (causing duplicated or incorrect workflow)

I'm looking for a way to prevent people from changing a change order category once it is logged.
    Unless you know of a way to delete the previous category workflow when a new category is selected.

The way I thought of preventing people from changing the category in Change Orders was to create an 'update' data partition on the 'Change_Request' table which will look at the category if it had changed, in the following where clause.

This, however, does not want to save and have I tried various permutation of the where clause.

Table: Change_Request (Update)
    category_prev = category

Thank you
    Jacques

• 2.  Re: SDM Change Order Classic Workflow

Posted Apr 04, 2017 06:37 AM

Hi Jacques,

You can try a PDM_IF around the category field on the detail_chg.htmpl form. This way the field can be made editable only during initial creation of the ticket and remain readonly afterwards.

Hope this helps?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: SDM Change Order Classic Workflow

Posted Apr 05, 2017 03:47 AM

Hi Brian

Thank you for the advice, can you perhaps help with what the code will look like (I have no idea)

Thank you

Jacques

• 4.  Re: SDM Change Order Classic Workflow

Posted Apr 06, 2017 06:34 AM

HI Jacques,

Try the following code snipet:

<PDM_IF "$prop.form_name_3" == "edit" && "$args.id" == "0">
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlHier hdr="Category" attr=category autofill=no evt="onChange=\\\"change_category_func('chg',null,'chgcat')\\\"">
    <PDM_ELSE>
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlReadonly hdr="Category" attr=category>
    </PDM_IF>

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 5.  Re: SDM Change Order Classic Workflow

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2017 02:27 PM

Jacques, you can't use category_prev as it is a local attribute. I think the simplest way for doing this is the suggestion Brian made...use a condition to allow update for category when the change order is created only. You can use form group if you want some others(like administrators) can do this. Thanks _Chi