Clarity

• 1.  New User Account Issue

Posted Apr 04, 2017 07:50 AM

There are quite a number of times that when a new user account is created the user is unable to log into CA PPM.  They receive an invalid login information message. Sometimes they continue trying until the account gets locked and other times they send an email requesting assistance.  When we try to log in as them we receive the same error message until the account locks.  We reset the password, unlock the account and then they are able to log into CA PPM.  Anyone come across this or know why?

• 2.  Re: New User Account Issue

Posted Apr 04, 2017 08:02 AM

Hi

How is the user account created? Manually? XOG?...

• 3.  Re: New User Account Issue

Posted Apr 04, 2017 08:28 AM

Hi Aurora,

The accounts are created manually.

• 4.  Re: New User Account Issue

Posted Apr 04, 2017 08:52 AM

Is it on-demand and/or behind the portal, or, on premise?

NJ

• 5.  Re: New User Account Issue

Posted Apr 04, 2017 08:54 AM

It is on premise.  Currently on v14.2

• 6.  Re: New User Account Issue

Posted Apr 04, 2017 09:04 AM

Is it possible the  person who creates the accounts is doing a typo? It happened to me many times.

• 7.  Re: New User Account Issue

Posted Apr 04, 2017 09:58 AM

It's happening too many times to be a typo, plus I am very careful (I look at the keyboard for passwords) and the confirmation always matches.

• 8.  Re: New User Account Issue

Posted Apr 04, 2017 10:20 AM

Are you adding special characters like '@'? depending on the keyboard it's very easy to mistype it

• 9.  Re: New User Account Issue

Posted Apr 04, 2017 12:04 PM

We use a special character # in the password.  The log in works once the account has been locked after 3 attempts, password reset and account unlocked.  This is occurring way too many times to be a mistype error.

• 10.  Re: New User Account Issue

Posted Apr 05, 2017 02:28 AM

Is your system LDAP synchronized?

The reason I ask that is, if it is, and you are providing a password to the user, then it would obviously not work. 

But then again, for it to work when you reset it, you would have to be un-checking that Synchronization checkbox... I don't know if you are doing that..