Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Access RESTMan via Browser

Posted Apr 04, 2017 09:34 AM

Hello,

I'm kicking around an idea for a client app that can access the RESTMan services via a browser (Javascript).  As of now, I have RESTMan protected by a p12 certificate.  I've been able to send the certificate along with requests using the GMU (underlying Java code assists with the handshake).  However, I'm not clear on how this would be done using the browser.

I am able to import the certificate into a browser (Chrome), but this isn't enough to pass along the certificate to the gateway.  Has anyone been able to do this successfully?  Another option would be to use basic auth, but I'd like to see if I can get the certificate working.

Thanks,

Alejandro 

• 2.  Re: Access RESTMan via Browser

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 21, 2017 03:48 PM

Alejandro,

If you import the p12 or pfx file into your browser and you connect through to a port on the gateway that has HTTPS enabled and client authentication then this workflow will work. One thing to note that you may have to mark in the Manage Certificates the signing certificate used as the issuer for your client certificate with Signing client certificate as an option. By doing this it will provide a list to the browser of trusted CAs and the browser will attempt to find one that matches.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support