Service Virtualization

• 1.  DevTest installation guide on CITRIX server!

Posted Apr 04, 2017 01:08 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to install the DevTest on a CITRIX server, which will be then used by different clients/users to open multiple instances of DevTest simultaneously. 

I've successfully installed and tested it. Work pretty much fine except one problem. 

When a client pulls an instance of DevTest from CITRIX server using CITRIX receiver, client/user has to put the project into a shared network drive from where DevTest can read those. It works well but sometimes when client open a project and clicks on a specific test case inside it, DevTest restarts. 

This generally happens when trying to open a project which was opened/ modified previously. I am guessing it has to do something with the previous instance which locks that file and then the current instance isn't able to read it.

Please let me know if there is a guide to install DevTest on a CITRIX server. 

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

• 2.  Re: DevTest installation guide on CITRIX server!

Posted Apr 04, 2017 02:49 PM

I do not know the specific answer to your question; however, when you performed the DevTest install on the Citrix machine, did you use the Shared or Local installation process?  

• 3.  Re: DevTest installation guide on CITRIX server!

Posted Apr 04, 2017 02:51 PM

I used Local Installation Process!

• 4.  Re: DevTest installation guide on CITRIX server!

Posted Apr 04, 2017 03:32 PM

Thanks.  I believe I would remove and re-install using the Shared install.

You may still have an issue though if two users simultaneously access the same Project on a share.  I am not sure that DevTest tries to prevent users from trouncing on each other. 

A more common approach would be to store the project assets in a repository (GIT, CVS, TFS, etc.), and let users check-in and check-out in order to manage change. In this model, each of the users have their own local copy while working on assets.  Merge, branching, etc. are provided by the repository software.

• 5.  Re: DevTest installation guide on CITRIX server!

Posted Apr 05, 2017 06:19 AM

Joel, Thanks for your reply!

Each user when calls Devtest through Citrix server is using their own network drive that can be accessed by the that user only. 

So, two users simultaneously access the same project shouldn't be a problem!

By the way, is there any official guide to setup DevTest on Citrix Server??

• 6.  Re: DevTest installation guide on CITRIX server!
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 05, 2017 07:31 AM

Sorry, I am not aware of any installation & setup guides.