CA Service Management

• 1.  Email Notification For Custom Status

Posted Apr 04, 2017 11:09 PM

Hello,

We have a custom 'Hold' status for request/incident/problem. When this is selected on a ticket, I want an email notification sent to the 'Affected End User'.

I have attached an event to the 'Update Status' activity notification, which has an associated notification macro and message template. The email is being sent as expected, but the content is empty for any @{call_req_.id referenced fields. So I'm unable to pull any information from the ticket that was updated to the status 'Hold' into the email.

Any ideas on what is causing this?

Thanks Stuart

• 2.  Re: Email Notification For Custom Status
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 04, 2017 11:49 PM

Hello Stuart,

if you are really using '@{call_req_.id' then change it to '@{call_req_id.'.  Most notifications are launched from the context of an Activity Log record, and need to link to the related ticket record to extract any of its fields.  In the Activity Log table the linked ticket is referenced via its ID in the 'call_req_id' field.  So to put the ticket reference number into the notification message you include '@{call_req_id.ref_num}', and so on.  Any field of the Activity Log record itself (such as the activity type) doesn't need that prefix.  So for the activity description you would just use '@{description}'.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: Email Notification For Custom Status

Posted Apr 05, 2017 01:20 AM

Thanks heaps James, your suggestion worked !

For example I modified the message template to replace:

@{call_req_id.ref_num}

with

@{ref_num}

Strange that the other message templates associated with an activity notification prefix with call_req_id

• 4.  Re: Email Notification For Custom Status

Posted Apr 05, 2017 02:06 AM

Your event is effectively launched in the context of the ticket rather than of the activity log record, so it doesn't need redirecting to the ticket.  This is a frequent cause of confusion, especially when copying message templates.

Cheers,

James