CA Service Management

• 1.  error in reconfiguring sdm 14.1

Posted Apr 05, 2017 01:32 PM

Hello Team

I have taken backup of my 12.6 sdm (conventional)to 14.1 sdm migrated mdb (sql 2008 & os 2008) and restored on 14.1 sdm  High availability (sql 2012 & os 2012). The restore is successful. Now im reconfiguring my sdm 14.1 high availability and its giving error at the last stage . What could be the reason? 

althogh i faced this error few times during my service in ca sdm and this is normally happen bacoz of admin rights. But here im already with admin right user and this is coming . What is the way to solve this/?

kindly advise

• 2.  Re: error in reconfiguring sdm 14.1

Posted Apr 05, 2017 02:09 PM

Hi Aamir,

I just responded to this same question which you had asked in an earlier post.  For something like this, we would request that you open a support case with CA so that one of our engineers can take a look at the system with you and troubleshoot the problem.  Things like this are very difficult to diagnose and troubleshoot via the community.  Please go ahead and open a support case, and one of our engineers will get in touch with you to set up a time to work with you together on it.

Thanks

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: error in reconfiguring sdm 14.1

Posted Apr 05, 2017 04:51 PM

Hi Jon

Thanks for ur always support

Before opening a case I would like to ask u one thing . Can sql version be

a reason for this error.? Like my migrated mdb was on sql 2008 and I'm

restoring it to SQL 2012?? But the mdb is restoring is successful.

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017, Jon_Israel <

• 4.  Re: error in reconfiguring sdm 14.1

Posted Apr 06, 2017 08:44 AM

Hi Aamir,  I do not beleive SQL version is an issue.  I have restored a 2008 DB to a 2012 SQL instance many times.  And if that were the case, then most likely pdm configure would not run properly as it does connect to the db and update some records.    I think this is most likely something else going on here that is preventing it from starting up.  We need to be able to access the system with you to do a proper investigation.  That would allow us to get this fixed for you in a more timely manner.

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 5.  Re: error in reconfiguring sdm 14.1

Posted Apr 06, 2017 08:50 AM

Thanks Jon

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 5:44 PM, Jon_Israel <