CA Service Management

• 1.  Search result are not consistent

Posted Apr 06, 2017 03:52 AM

While quering the system for "CLOSED" tickets, it doesnt show all the records. Is there any way i can be sure the query is working fine ??

Note the closed tickets showshow in the same day which i close and next day it given" No incidents found" it locks l  

My application is CA ServiceDesk 12.5

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Search result are not consistent

Posted Apr 06, 2017 05:44 AM

Hi,

this sounds strange, could you check your Archive and Purge rules (on Admin tab), they might be configured to instanly archive all closed tickets in your environment.

Regards,

cdtj

• 3.  Re: Search result are not consistent

Posted Apr 06, 2017 06:31 AM

Archive and Purge rules Hi cdtj

this is secreen shoot of my system

• 4.  Re: Search result are not consistent

Posted Apr 06, 2017 08:55 AM

Hi Mohammed,

Few things here.  What we need to see is a screenshot of your Archive and Purge rules, not the options manager options.   Please show us the details of the archive and purge rule for requests/incidents etc.   Typically the problem you are seeing happens when folks set up an archive and purge rule to purge data that is more then X number of days old - meaning that it was closed X number of days ago, and they are checking that ticket more than X number of days later, thus its no longer in the system as it was archived/purged by the rule.  

As a side note, I wanted to also mention here that the release you are on (12.5) has been out of support for nearly 4 years now.  I would highly recommend that you upgrade to the latest release of the product (14.1.03) as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Search result are not consistent

Posted Apr 09, 2017 02:54 AM

Hi Jon

thanks for your helpful reply it help me to find the solution as i think.

I will attach screenshot of my system archive and purge rule for requests/incidents etc after changing the (Days Inactive) from 1 day to 600 days. is this will solve the issue or theris any thing more to do?!

• 6.  Re: Search result are not consistent

Posted Apr 09, 2017 04:44 PM

hi,

should be enough to resolve your issue.

but I think that data lifecycle (until it will be purged) should be configured depending on your enterprise policies and not on sdm admin's mood 

Regards,

cdtj

• 7.  Re: Search result are not consistent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 03:36 AM

Hi Mohammad ,

R12.5 is End of Support long time back. However you may still have scope to download  the latest cumulative patch of R12.5 from the support.ca.com.

I would recommend you to query directly against the MDB to validate the resultset .

Select * from Call_req where status = 'CL and Close_date >= XXXXXXXX .

Note : Date are captured in Unix time format. you may use any of the date conversion tool to get the detail, and use it in your Query.

~Vinod.