Service Virtualization

• 1.  DEV test port in web not getting opened, givens error page cannot be displayed

Posted Apr 06, 2017 03:23 AM

I have launched the services in a sequence like Dashboard, Registry, Portal and VSE, Then I have tried to launch the Dev test portal, it results an error as page cannot be displayed, Please let me know the resolution to access the Dev testportal

• 2.  Re: DEV test port in web not getting opened, givens error page cannot be displayed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2017 09:26 AM

What version of DevTest?

What is the error message being displayed?

• 3.  Re: DEV test port in web not getting opened, givens error page cannot be displayed

Posted Apr 06, 2017 11:58 AM

Now, CA dev test portal appears however its throwing error after input user id and password as 

• 4.  Re: DEV test port in web not getting opened, givens error page cannot be displayed

Posted Apr 06, 2017 12:19 PM

Are you launching the DevTest services on a server or your local machine (laptop)?  

If launching on your laptop, how much RAM is available at the point you begin to start the services?

Do you see any warnings or exceptions in the portal.log file after the service starts?

The Portal service takes a bit more time to come up fully than Registry.  But, we are talking only an extra minute or two. 

• 5.  Re: DEV test port in web not getting opened, givens error page cannot be displayed

Posted Apr 06, 2017 12:51 PM

I using dev work test station 10.0

I have been launching the dev test server on local desktop which has got 17GB free space. And I do not find any exceptions in portal.loga file

• 6.  Re: DEV test port in web not getting opened, givens error page cannot be displayed
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 06, 2017 05:08 PM

Best to open a ticket since no errors are showing off n the logs

• 7.  Re: DEV test port in web not getting opened, givens error page cannot be displayed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2017 06:48 PM

Does the registry.log show any errors?

Are you using LDAP or just ACL when logging on to the Portal?

Bring up on port 1505 (like with the old server comsole) and let me know if you get a welcome page.