IT Process Automation

• 1.  Group Approval

Posted Apr 06, 2017 07:47 AM

Hi,

We have a WF task in Change order that will get assigned to approval group. The group members will review the CO and update the WF task to complete. This will change the CO status to "Approved".

How to automate the task using ITPAM without user interaction. Please suggest

Regards,

Amala

• 2.  Re: Group Approval

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2017 08:54 AM

Are you asking how you can take this group members approval out of the loop so these tasks are approved automatically?    That would be fairly trivial in Process Automation, but I believe I am misunderstanding your request.  Can you elaborate on your needs further and what you mean by 'without user interaction' ?

• 3.  Re: Group Approval

Posted Apr 06, 2017 10:24 AM

Hi Mike,

Currently WF task is landing in their queue for approval. They login SD and update the task to approval. this involves some interaction.

So how i can automate this task.

• 4.  Re: Group Approval
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2017 10:36 AM

The Service Desk operators allow for Task manipulation.   So the simplest way would be to use the Service Desk operators to accomplish these in an automated way.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/additional-resources/content-pack-for-itil-ca-service-desk-manager/ca-process-automation-process-definitions-for-ca-service-desk-manager