CA Service Management

• 1.  Disable Affected end user from being mandatory

Posted Apr 06, 2017 07:34 AM

Dears;

i have a requirement to disable the required field (Affected End User) from being mandatory in the ticket creation.

i have already looked at the schema designer and i found in the CR, IN and PR that the field customer has a required demed check box.

is there're any workaround for this.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Disable Affected end user from being mandatory

Posted Apr 06, 2017 07:51 AM

Hi Mohamed,

It does not make sense to me why you would want to have the affected end user not to be required. Do you not have the need to use this field at all? Can you give us the complete business case?

If you don't anticipate to use this field at all, one workaround is to by pass this is to hide the field on the form. Then create a dummy user in the contact table and then create a defaulting data-partition so that when a ticket is created this field is set to that dummy user. this way the ticket will be created without you having to manually fill in this user.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Disable Affected end user from being mandatory

Posted Apr 06, 2017 07:58 AM

Thanks brian for your feedback, actually it one of the customer requirements is to set the affected end user field not to be a mandatory to create the ticket

• 4.  Re: Disable Affected end user from being mandatory

Posted Apr 06, 2017 08:58 AM

Hi Mohamed, 

We understand that it is a customer requirement, however what we are asking is if you can go to the customer and ask what the business justification is for this requirement.  The reason its required out of the box is because the product is based on the ITIL standards and guidelines, in which knowing the affected end user would be a requirement to properly handle a ticket.   Please provide us with a business use-case for why they would not want to populate that field.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Disable Affected end user from being mandatory

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 05:46 AM

HI Mohamed El-Fahd Essam 

Affected_End_user field has to be required field. if you find it difficult to  hide it then you may try to set the default value using data partition.  Ex:  customer=U'FAD508F20555E643914131A010816098'

Create a scoreboard query and try to address those tickets.
    ~Vinod.