CA Service Management

• 1.  xFlow - cant see heat weather option

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2017 08:20 AM

Hi

I have installed xFlow 14.1.03 version but I cant see the 'heat weather' option and all other options related to the xFlow

interface in options manager. I have done all post installation steps.

What I did wrong?

• 2.  Re: xFlow - cant see heat weather option

Posted Apr 06, 2017 09:04 AM

Hi Vladimir,

This is most likely caused by one of two things - either during patch installation the MDB update did not complete, OR the post-patch steps did not automatically complete (they should have completed automatically - you should not have had to do them manually).  There may be some steps that were missed if you did them manually.  Most likely one of the load files was missed.   Being that you mentioned you did them manually, can you tell us why that was?  Did the installer not do the steps automatically?  Were there any errors during the installation?

Also what I would recommend is to go through the steps for your architecture (conventional or advanced availability) documented here:   Post-Installation Tasks for CA Service Management 14.1.03 - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Double check all the data loads as that is where it would have loaded the options into the options table.

As a side note, when you go into the services console, do you actually see the Xflow service there?  Just wondering if it actually installed properly as well.

It may be a better option for you to open a support case on this one as it could be difficult to troubleshoot this issue via the community, but lets give it a shot first.  Let us know what you find.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: xFlow - cant see heat weather option

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2017 10:43 AM

Hi Jon,

I did post-patch steps manually because when I run it automaticly I got an error that it failed.

In post-patch steps I did Post-Install Tasks for CA SDM Conventional Configuration:

1. Post-Install Steps after Installing CA Service Management 14.1.03 on CA SDM 14.1.

2. Enable the Heat Weather Daemons.

In the service consule I see the xFlow service and I can start the service and open the xFlow interface.

in the regular SDM interface I see in act_log alot of logs about heat weather (that what i want to disable but I can't because I dont see the option in options manager).

Thanks alot

Vladimir

• 4.  Re: xFlow - cant see heat weather option

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2017 10:34 AM

Hi Vladimir,

Also check if you have enable the Heat Weather Daemons. Below are the steps to enable the same.

Enable the Heat Weather Daemons

After completing the appropriate post-installation task for your environment, ensure that you enable the heat weather daemons in your implementation. Perform the following steps:

Note: Execute these steps manually if you have selected No to automate the post-install tasks while running the installer.

1.Open the command prompt and execute the pdm_options_mgr command.

Note: The pdm_options_mgr command updates the Nx.env file with the newly installed options for heat and weather.

2.Open the NX.env from $NX_ROOT directory and validate that the heat-related value is present:

@NX_HEAT_WEATHER=HeatWeather

3.Restart the CA SDM Service.

4.Restart the xFlow Analyst Interface Service.

Let me know if this helps?

• 5.  Re: xFlow - cant see heat weather option

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2017 10:46 AM

Hi Maheshwar,

I did it, I still cant see the option.

Thanks

Vladimir

• 6.  Re: xFlow - cant see heat weather option

Posted Apr 06, 2017 12:18 PM

Hi Vladimir,

I would like to know if you upgraded from SDM 14.1 to 14.1.03,
    as we have got different post installation steps for 14.1.03 on 14.1,14.1.01 and 14.1.02 respectively as per below document if one has selected NO for automating the post-install steps in the installation interface.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/implementing/implementing-ca-service-management-14-1-03/post-installation-tasks-for-ca-service-management-14-1-03/post-install-tasks-for-ca-sdm-conventional-configuration

If you are confirmed that you had manually run the correct post-installation steps:

Then I would like to know if you are able to see the following NX variables in NX_ROOT/NX.env

@NX_HEAT_REINDEXING_INTERVAL=6
    @NX_HEAT_WEATHER=HeatWeather
    @NX_HEAT_WEATHER_DOMSRVR=domsrvr:hw
    @NX_WEATHER_REINDEXING_INTERVAL=60

If yes then try to deinstall them following the below steps:

pdm_options_mgr -c -s NX_HEAT_WEATHER -v HeatWeather -a pdm_option.deinst
    pdm_options_mgr -c -s NX_HEAT_WEATHER -v HeatWeather -a pdm_option.deinst -t

pdm_options_mgr -c -s NX_HEAT_REINDEXING_INTERVAL -v 6 -a pdm_option.deinst
    pdm_options_mgr -c -s NX_HEAT_REINDEXING_INTERVAL -v 6 -a pdm_option.deinst -t

pdm_options_mgr -c -s NX_HEAT_WEATHER_DOMSRVR -v domsrvr:hw -a pdm_option.deinst
    pdm_options_mgr -c -s NX_HEAT_WEATHER_DOMSRVR -v domsrvr:hw -a pdm_option.deinst -t

pdm_options_mgr -c -s NX_WEATHER_REINDEXING_INTERVAL -v 60 -a pdm_option.deinst
    pdm_options_mgr -c -s NX_WEATHER_REINDEXING_INTERVAL -v 60 -a pdm_option.deinst -t

And then restart the SDM services.

Now try to install all the required options again following the below steps:

pdm_options_mgr -c -s NX_HEAT_WEATHER -v HeatWeather -a pdm_option.inst
    pdm_options_mgr -c -s NX_HEAT_WEATHER -v HeatWeather -a pdm_option.inst -t

pdm_options_mgr -c -s NX_HEAT_REINDEXING_INTERVAL -v 6 -a pdm_option.inst
    pdm_options_mgr -c -s NX_HEAT_REINDEXING_INTERVAL -v 6 -a pdm_option.inst -t

pdm_options_mgr -c -s NX_HEAT_WEATHER_DOMSRVR -v domsrvr:hw -a pdm_option.inst
    pdm_options_mgr -c -s NX_HEAT_WEATHER_DOMSRVR -v domsrvr:hw -a pdm_option.inst -t

pdm_options_mgr -c -s NX_WEATHER_REINDEXING_INTERVAL -v 60 -a pdm_option.inst
    pdm_options_mgr -c -s NX_WEATHER_REINDEXING_INTERVAL -v 60 -a pdm_option.inst -t

Now again restart the SDM services.

Thanks
    Junaid

• 7.  Re: xFlow - cant see heat weather option

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 03:55 AM

Hi Validimir,

Please confirm if the suggestion provided by Junaid  was of any help.

~Vinod.

• 8.  Re: xFlow - cant see heat weather option

Posted Apr 13, 2017 07:36 AM

Hi All,

My query is about Xlfow but scene is difference in the sense that I have done post installation step on 14.1.03 and configuration is successful too all options related to xflow & search server are visible in services console & SDM 14.1 administration tab but unable to open xflow interface (hostname:  port) & search server (hostname: port) displaying error (cannot display the webpage) both on server & client side.

1 Primary (app) server

1 DB Server

Note: all installation and configuration done in app server (primary server)

Please guide if anybody having same experience and got solution.

Regards,

• 9.  Re: xFlow - cant see heat weather option

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 13, 2017 04:12 PM

Hello Asfa,

Would it be alright if you raise a new thread for this please? as the original thread was about xFlow Weather option  and this might cause a huge mixup on what the thread is about.  Thank you in advance !

There'll be some logs in xflow\apps\logs  folder that might give you some clues

_R