IDMS

• 1.  what do i have to do to use the products now included in idms/db plus??

Posted Apr 07, 2017 01:23 PM

does this make the product intent table useless? if not must i reassemble it?

will we be getting LMP keys for the products we were not previously licensed ??

also - will the web connect process be continued? or will the full server / sql option be required to be installed/utilized to do low-level distributed relational testing?? (well there IS LRF .... haha)

• 2.  Re: what do i have to do to use the products now included in idms/db plus??
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 07, 2017 03:41 PM

Chris,

The IDMS announcement on communities went out a bit early. We (CA) will be providing more details/FAQs about what is included in this new delivery, how you get it,  etc. when the full announcement becomes available later this month.  

Thanks

Kevin

• 3.  Re: what do i have to do to use the products now included in idms/db plus??

Posted Apr 07, 2017 04:05 PM

Hi Chris,

Yes, you will get LMP keys for the options you want to use and will need to change and reassemble the Product Intent Table. 

As you may have noticed, the announcement has been removed. It will be reposted once updates to our internal systems needed are complete.  This is currently planned for later this month.  These changes will entitle customers to acquire LMP keys for almost all of the CA IDMS product options, including SQL and Server, with the exception of Presspack and Performance Monitor, which will remain separately licensed options.

Since almost all of the CA IDMS product is included in the installation libraries, most customers will just need to acquire and install the keys, then configure and start using the options.  For most options this will just mean updating the Product Intent Table.

The Web Connect usage counting will not occur once the SQL and Server license keys are installed.  The full product is already in the load libraries, so if you have already configured SQL and Server by creating an SQL catalog and defining a TCP/IP listener PTERM, you won't  the Web Connect restrictions will be removed, allowing unlimited connections and use of the pre-compilers with SQL.  Users will be entitled to download the Server installation file from CSO.

We will provide more information later this month.

Dave

• 4.  Re: what do i have to do to use the products now included in idms/db plus??

Posted Jun 14, 2017 06:45 PM

Dave,

Your last response said more information later in April, but it's now June.   Any word on this yet?

John

• 5.  Re: what do i have to do to use the products now included in idms/db plus??

Posted Jun 16, 2017 02:33 PM

Hi John,

The technical information is still the same, we have now received clarification that customers can request LMP keys through the normal process, which generally means making a request to the account team to have the keys generated.  There is no additional cost for the LMP keys for the options now included with the base product.  Once the keys are generated, users can then download the keys from CA support online. 

On a related note, for many users upgrading to a new release of CA IDMS is major effort.  To enable users to take advantage of new features more easily we providing enhancements to CA IDMS 19.0 that can be deployed without requiring users to upgrade to a new release.  As part of this initiative we are developing an update for CA IDMS 19.0 that will enable use of the options included in Portfolio Simplification without requiring installation of additional LMP keys.

Regards,

Dave