CA Service Management

• 1.  pdm_publish in conventional

Posted Apr 10, 2017 04:42 AM

hi  Team,

We are r14.1 version in conventional mode. We have 1 Primary application server, 2 Secondary Server for xflow/search server & mobility respectively. Can some1 please tell me how to do a pdm_publish in conventional mode?

As per my understanding:

1. Open wsp in primary server

2. do wsp save and publish

3. stop the services in primary server

4. do a pdm_publish

Is there any steps that needs to be followed on the secondary servers? Please suggest.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: pdm_publish in conventional

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 05:09 AM

Pushpith,

If Database of Primary and Secondary servers are same then you need to execute pdm_publish only on Primary server.

Regards,

Anil

• 3.  Re: pdm_publish in conventional

Posted Apr 10, 2017 05:45 AM

Thanks anil for the reply..but Do we have to restart the services of secondary servers post pdm_publish on primary server(so that file-level changes are reflected in the secondary servers as well), Since in AA mode we used to do the same.

• 4.  Re: pdm_publish in conventional

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 05:51 AM

Pushpith,

As an admin, I would prefer take the restart of services on all other SDM machines.

Regards,

Anil

• 5.  Re: pdm_publish in conventional

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 07:53 AM

Hi Pushpit ,

If you have installed the Version control on Primary & Secondary , once you try to recycle the services these schema customization shall be copied over.

If it is not installed, then you may manually copy these files from primary to secondary .

ddict.sch

wsp_index.sch

wsp_schema.log,

wsp_schema.sch

wsp.mod

All these files has to be idential with Primary server.

~Vinod.