CA Service Management

• 1.  CA BI 4.1 SP2

Posted Apr 10, 2017 09:16 AM

Hi Team,

We are using CA BI 4.1 Sp2 version, in this BI Launchpad page there is a dropdown to select the authentication type, as of now we have set it to default:LDAP. Is there any way to remove rest of the dropdown values like enterprise,sap, jd edwards etc.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: CA BI 4.1 SP2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 09:57 AM

Pushpith,

The dropdown enablement is exposed via:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CommonReporting4\tomcat\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\default\BIlaunchpad.properties

# You can specify the default Authentication types here. secEnterprise, secLDAP, secWinAD, secSAPR3
    authentication.default=secEnterprise

# Choose whether to let the user change the authentication type. If it isn't shown the default authentication type from above will be used
    authentication.visible=false

If the authentication.visible = false,  then you do not get an option to select a different authentication type other than the default one specified in the first option.

Note: this impacts all users, restart of BI Tomcat is needed for the change to be effective

Hope this helps

_R

• 3.  Re: CA BI 4.1 SP2

Posted Apr 11, 2017 01:07 AM

Hi Raghu,

We have created a new properties file in the below location:

E:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CommonReporting4\tomcat\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\custom

and below are the contents of the file.

authentication.visible=true
    authentication.default=secLDAP
    cms.visible=false

What I want to achieve is the above parameter which you have mentioned would set the default authentication method, however I want remove rest of the values from the dropdown list. Is this possible? I couldn't find the option in the file which you have mentioned.

• 4.  Re: CA BI 4.1 SP2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2017 03:48 AM

Hi Pushpit,

I find that you have customized the file, instead could you take backup copy of 

C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CommonReporting4\tomcat\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\default\BIlaunchpad.properties

May be you can use

authentications=secEnterprise,secWinAD,secLDAP,secSAPR3

Reference article : https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/2004103

~Vinod.

• 5.  Re: CA BI 4.1 SP2

Posted Apr 11, 2017 12:27 PM