IT Process Automation

• 1.  PAM Database query

Posted Apr 11, 2017 05:42 AM

Hi,

I have a problem that I need to find an input parameter in the PAM database.

Does anyone know if this is possible? 

I have found the instance in C2ORuntimeObjects and in C2ORuntimeObjectsArch. 

Maybe it´s in another table, or is it only in de LogXML column thats encrypted?

If someone can help me it would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

• 2.  Re: PAM Database query
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2017 09:33 AM

You are correct, all operators, datasets, and other information about a process run is contained in a BLOB XML type in the c2oruntimeobjects table and is not human readable. 

What are your trying to accomplish? 

If you need access to an input parameter within the same process, it should be accessible with something like 'Process.input_paramName'  

If you are trying to pass to a child process please see the /Pam_PreDefinedContent/Process And Resource mgmt./04 Pass param. to sub-process' example fro the Out of the Box content to see how to pass data into a child.

• 3.  Re: PAM Database query

Posted Apr 11, 2017 09:49 AM

Hi Michael, Thanks for your reply!

Ok.

The problem is that we have a process that send an email to someone on the company saying they need to approve something. And when the user does approve the request PAM is continuing sending notification emails.

And we cant figure out whats the problem so I have created a separate process that looks in the database if we are having any "Email-sending-processes" running when its already approved and the parent process has completed.

Right know I am using substring in the C2ORuntimeObjectsArch.Instance to get the request ID. Not best practice I understand but I have to do this since our customers are getting emails that they need to approve requests when they dont need to, thay are already completed. 

So I would like to replace my substring part with a join to a table that contained the parameter.

Hope you understand my problem. If you have any suggestion, please let me now!

• 4.  Re: PAM Database query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2017 10:12 AM

I do not believe you are going to be able to get enough detail out of the database.    

The c2oRuntimeObjectArch table is the right place to look for completed instances, but I think it would be more useful to review the specific instance runs in more detail to see what they are doing, can you relate an email to a specific process ID?   If not I would try to build into your emails the addition of the overall ROID so that you can go to the exact process instance and see what it is doing.

• 5.  Re: PAM Database query

Posted Apr 13, 2017 10:14 AM

How are you checking/updating that the approval was completed?

Maybe you could add a check in the email process to validate if the approval has already been done, and if so skip sending the email.

But it sounds like maybe there is a problem with the logic somewhere if it continues to trigger emails if the approvals are already done.